Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 15:28
This is my Life...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%
Default PCOS and ovarian cyst

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has had both?
I was diagnosised with PCOS while doing fertility treatment about 10 yrs ago. Treatment didn't work. Since then started Atkins, lost 35 pounds and got pregnant, and pregnant, and pregnant a last time (I now have a 3, 2, and 1 yr old!). My question is I haven't been bothered much with the PCOS except fertility problems and hair growth. This last weekend I started having pain and over the last 3 days have seen my primary Dr, had a pelvic US, and seen my OB-GYN. I have a baseball sized cyst he says isn't related to PCOS. Our course of action will be to wait a month, repeat US, and if same size will have surgery to remove it, hopefully laperscopic, but due to size the chance of c-section like incision is pretty high.... Ugh!
Anyone know, experienced, a cyst like this?? Do you think it will shrink in a month? Burst before that? Thanks, Carol
Sponsored Links