Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 06:36
Cheese Goddess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: ?/?/? Female 5'4"
BF:?/43%/20%
Progress: 36%
Default Kat's Moving Again!!!

I'm not very fit, but I am trying. I am starting a Gym Log because I want to be able to go back a few months from now and see my progress. It might motivate me and keep me on track. I have been back on Atkin's approximately six weeks and lost at least 20 lbs. Probably more. (Don't have an accurate starting weight, but 270 is gonna be pretty close to right. )

So here is what I'm doing (it isn't much, but I will increase as I can): I'm at 2.5 MPH on the treadmill, no incline. I walk for 30 minutes. I have set a goal for myself to do this 5 days a week at the minimum.

I have checked my heart rate several times while walking and at 2.5 MPH my heart is beating 140 BPM. Poor heart.

I am getting an exercise bike and some sort of abdominal machine from my mom. I am not sure what kind of schedule I'll use with these other machines, but I'm not going to reduce my walking to fit them in. Oh, and also, I ordered a pedometer and it arrived yesterday. I'm gonna keep track of how many steps I take in a day and try to increase my movement a little each day. I sit around way too much; I want to reduce the time spent sitting on my behind.

Anyway, it's time for me to get off this computer and go MOVE!!!
Sponsored Links