Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 16:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Sunflower seeds

Are sunflower seed ok to eat? I am too broke to get anything else.....LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 17:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/250.5/190 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Are you on Induction? If so, no nuts or seeds are allowed.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 17:49
Registered Member

BF:
Default Well,

I am on my third week of induction, I usually stay at least 5-8 carb grams below 20. I just need a little something, I am so tired of pork rinds......there isn't really much I want to eat anymore. I just eat to stop the hunger pains, when I get them, which is once a day at most.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 19:14
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

No need to stay so far under 20 g., although sometimes it just happens..

And yes, if not in induction, you can have them.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 11:44

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Okay, I just checked your fitday. YOU ARE STARVING YOURSELF! Low carb is NOT about starving your body, low carb is about getting your body healthy. You are NOT eating anywhere near enough food to keep your body from going into starvation mode which means it won't let you lose weight - it will hang onto every crumb you feed it.

If you're only eating once a day you need to feed your body at LEAST three times a day. Don't skip meals - it's not healthy for you and totally screws with your metabolism.

Where are your veggies? Woman does not live on sunflower seeds and protein sources alone. You NEED your veggies!

I'm a very short 51 year old woman who eats around 1700 to 1800 calories a day and I'm losing weight the healthy way.

Somehow I have the very distinct feeling you haven't read the Atkins New Diet Revolution and really don't know what it is you are supposed to be eating.

I suggest you either buy the book or borrow it from your local library and READ it. You will find out there are lots and lots and lots of things you CAN eat that will keep you healthy and help you lose the extra pounds. If you can't afford the book and don't have a library close then at least go to the Atkins website and read about this low carb eating plan. It will really be helpful to you.

shortstuff

Last edited by shortstuff : Thu, Dec-11-03 at 11:47.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 13:22
Registered Member

BF:

I'm just not really hungry anymore. If I eat much more than that I feel sick and I can't sleep at nights if I eat much more than a light dinner. I have read the book (over a year ago). I need to find it, its hiding somewhere in my very cramped apartment LOL. I even stopped taking the dieters advantage because all I could eat if I took that was breakfast.......Not sure what to do......
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 18:40

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Macadamia nuts are very high in fat and I think they are the lowest in carbs. They also fill you up very well. These are the ones I eat the most. I usually have nuts during induction and they dont interfere with my weight loss. Everyones different.