Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 21:42

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default looking good for the opposite sex ; )

I'm sure we all are here to look and feel good about ourselves... buuuuut we can't help to think about what the opposite sex thinks about ourselves right? Actually, this is inspired by the "down from 300lbs" thread hehe...

anywayz, i just noticed today that i'm getting more glances and even sometimes stares from the opposite sex... i'm like "is she looking at me or the lamp post behind me" lol... caught a few girls looking at my pecs (woohoo! quite proud of them now, since i focused on building them up these past 2months - atkins plus gym)

it feels so good to be noticed! weeeee for some reason i believe i'm not that good looking, and even to the point of thinking myself as ugly... but hey, i guess all these stolen glances are giving me a slight ego boost, yay...

anyone want to share any thoughts and experiences?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 06:49

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

UGLY!!!!??? How could you think that? Have more faith in yourself! You're a goodlookin' guy! And those muscles look great! Keep up the good work! You'll be seeing those abs soon!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 07:38
Registered Member

Plan: loz's LC
Stats: 135/?/&;135 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 32%

hey there!
wow, congrats on ur weight loss and ur muscles!
they're looking good.

why would u think ur ugly? u r soo not
well, b4 i read ur post, i've always had this theory, that the guy's mirrors and girl's mirror's are different. ie the guys always seem to think they are real studs even if they are SOOO not. like to me, it seemed like ALL guys think they're good looking, and are really egoistic about themselves. (trust me, i've seen plenty of not-so-hot guys believing that they are the god's greatest gift to women ever!)
and that women always think that they are fatter or uglier than they really are, and that they're always so unhappy with their appearance.
(correct me if i'm wrong ladies)

but now i see that guys can also be insecure about their apperances as much as we are.

anyway, maybe it's just me, but i tend to notice guy's faces more than their bodies. so maybe those girls were looking cuz at 1st they noticed ur face, and THEN ur abs.
plus, i don't think girls are as fussy as guys about how 'good' someone's body is. not that i'm implying guys are more superficial than girls or anything. just my opinion.

but anyway, keep up the good work!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz
hey there!
wow, congrats on ur weight loss and ur muscles!
they're looking good.

why would u think ur ugly? u r soo not
well, b4 i read ur post, i've always had this theory, that the guy's mirrors and girl's mirror's are different. ie the guys always seem to think they are real studs even if they are SOOO not. like to me, it seemed like ALL guys think they're good looking, and are really egoistic about themselves. (trust me, i've seen plenty of not-so-hot guys believing that they are the god's greatest gift to women ever!)
and that women always think that they are fatter or uglier than they really are, and that they're always so unhappy with their appearance.
(correct me if i'm wrong ladies)

but now i see that guys can also be insecure about their apperances as much as we are.

anyway, maybe it's just me, but i tend to notice guy's faces more than their bodies. so maybe those girls were looking cuz at 1st they noticed ur face, and THEN ur abs.
plus, i don't think girls are as fussy as guys about how 'good' someone's body is. not that i'm implying guys are more superficial than girls or anything. just my opinion.

but anyway, keep up the good work!

ty i guess i'm a pretty insecure guy and should at least be a little more secure about my appearance... maybe it's my lack of confidence that turns off some girls... *note to self: improve attitude*...

just a thought... actually one of my entries in my asianavenue.com blog "so i`ve learned (at 21 years of age hehe)... hotness is no substitute for a great personality...
" so true huh?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Lynn
UGLY!!!!??? How could you think that? Have more faith in yourself! You're a goodlookin' guy! And those muscles look great! Keep up the good work! You'll be seeing those abs soon!

*blushes*... thanks still working on them abs... haven't gone to the gym for a week now... i feel so weak hehe... lost 6lbs since i got those pics taken so there's a little improvement coming along
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 08:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

A guy gets penalized for lack of self confidence much more than a woman does...after all, women are expected to flutter around helplessly at times...so men hide it more, I think.
But yes, I've noticed more glances...it's nice.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

I have started to notice more looks come my way, and yes it feels nice. For a while I thought only I noticed my weight loss but it is flattering to feel appreciated.
BTW you Are a good looking guy!

cheers,
Judi
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf
I have started to notice more looks come my way, and yes it feels nice. For a while I thought only I noticed my weight loss but it is flattering to feel appreciated.
BTW you Are a good looking guy!

cheers,
Judi

thanks! it's GREAT huh? i don't really notice my own weight-loss (i guess coz i see myself in the mirror all the time), but others do (especially those who i haven't seen in a while) and give me compliments (woohoo!)...
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
A guy gets penalized for lack of self confidence much more than a woman does...after all, women are expected to flutter around helplessly at times...so men hide it more, I think.
But yes, I've noticed more glances...it's nice.

good point there! due to my lack of self-confidence, i have never really approached or asked a girl out... but i've been in 2 relationships before (girlfriends) and my ex's were the ones to make the first move... I HAVE NO BALLS! lol
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 08:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

WOOOOOO-EE! *whistle*

You're looking great! Do you find it awkward going from feeling geeky/unattractive to suddenly notice that you're pretty hot? When I was in high school, I was somewhat overweight, I had a short hair cut that didn't suit me at all, and terrible-looking glasses. When I went away to school, I lost weight, grew my hair out, and wore contact lenses. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I really had a hard time adjusting when my guy buddies referred to me as "hot". It was wierd. I actually started wearing baggy clothes and no make up because of it. Strange how I thought I wanted to be attractive, but turned out to be afraid of it. I think I liked being a nerd better.

Anyway... "Rice boi?!" Shouldn't that be "grated-fried-cauliflower boi?

Last edited by Kristine : Fri, Oct-17-03 at 08:53.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 17:26

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

No matter when I was 215 size 16-18 or 160 size 10-11 guys have always seem to notice me. I guess which is why I want to lose weight but I'm not dieing over it. But I notice once I get to 180 and under I start to persue the opposite sex. I guess my confidence gets boosted. They are going to have to lock me up once I hit 130, I'm going to be one hell of a flirt.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovableLC
No matter when I was 215 size 16-18 or 160 size 10-11 guys have always seem to notice me. I guess which is why I want to lose weight but I'm not dieing over it. But I notice once I get to 180 and under I start to persue the opposite sex. I guess my confidence gets boosted. They are going to have to lock me up once I hit 130, I'm going to be one hell of a flirt.

lol! when you hit 130, time to change your username to FLIRTATIOUSLCer hehe
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
WOOOOOO-EE! *whistle*

You're looking great! Do you find it awkward going from feeling geeky/unattractive to suddenly notice that you're pretty hot? When I was in high school, I was somewhat overweight, I had a short hair cut that didn't suit me at all, and terrible-looking glasses. When I went away to school, I lost weight, grew my hair out, and wore contact lenses. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. I really had a hard time adjusting when my guy buddies referred to me as "hot". It was wierd. I actually started wearing baggy clothes and no make up because of it. Strange how I thought I wanted to be attractive, but turned out to be afraid of it. I think I liked being a nerd better.

Anyway... "Rice boi?!" Shouldn't that be "grated-fried-cauliflower boi?

truetrue... i can relate hehe... i still consider myself extremely geeky/nerdy since i am obsessed with electronic gadgets and computers (i'm majoring in computer science)... sooo am i a semi-hot-geek? lol! sometimes i like the attention, sometimes i don't, but either way, it's win-win since we've lost weight right? especially for our health! health=no.1!

rice_boi since that's how i gained weight in the first place hehe...
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 12:27

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Ive had sooo much more luck with dating since I started LC. Guys are swooning. I was saying to my best friend how easy guys are all of a sudden lol...really its a little pathetic at times. It kind of bothers me though. Im the same person I was 3 months ago.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 20:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawdess
Ive had sooo much more luck with dating since I started LC. Guys are swooning. I was saying to my best friend how easy guys are all of a sudden lol...really its a little pathetic at times. It kind of bothers me though. Im the same person I was 3 months ago.

congratz on making guys weak in the knees! lol! it might not be your weight attracting guys, maybe it's your added confidence basically the same you with a better outlook