Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 17:22

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Atkins Accel

I'm new to the board, but have been "lurking" throughout my change to this woe. I know DANDR says to avoid caffeine and I have been, with the exception of the occasional iced tea, however I purchased the Accel supplement and it has the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee's worth of caffeine. Does anyone use the Accel and what has your experience been with it. Since I "detoxed" off of caffeine even the smallest amount acts like a drug to me...anyone else have this experience or take Accel?

BTW, everyone is very nice and supportive so I decided to come out of hiding and say hello!

Next mini goal 170!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 21:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I used to take Accel, but I am also a coffe drinker. 1 decaff, 1 regular everyday. I personally didn't notice a difference with Accel at all. Maybe it is beacuse I do drink coffe, who knows! I take dieter's help every once in a while and it does work for me.
I'm sorry if I wasn't too helpful
Mary
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 21:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.6/209/154 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Beware of taking a caffeine-based supplement!! My understanding is that they are meant to speed your metabolism, but beware!

The reason caffeine is not recommended on this WOE is that it causes your blood sugar to drop dramatically, creating sudden bursts of hunger... which of course make us want to eat anything in sight.

If you want to speed up your metabolism, the best trick is to exercise - you get a double-whammy of faster metabolism + burning fat, without the negative aspects that caffeine can produce!!

Katt
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 00:33

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I tried Accel and Dieters Advantage but couldn't tell any difference with them. I wouldn't buy either again.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 21:42
Registered Member

Stats: 260/165/110 Female 5'5"
BF:60/44/20
Progress: 63%

I havent tried Accel, but I do take Xenadrine EFX, its a fat burner, supposed to be better than Stacker II, plus I drink tons of diet coke, dont ask me how I lose any weight! I want to comment on caffine and the drop in blood sugar. Everyone is different, but for me soda, coffee, etc doesnt have any effect, but the EFX does. To try and stop the severe hunger, which makes me really nauseous, I take the EFX and then eat something immediatly, before the hunger can kick in.