Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/240/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:dunno
Progress:
Unhappy still not losing!

I'm a newbie at posting, but not to Atkins. I went on Atkins in 1996 & lost 30 lbs. in 3 months! That was before counting "net" carbs. Just counted straight carbs. I started lcing again 5/13/03 & have not lost a pound! I have lost 1 inch around hips & can now wear my wedding ring again. I know that's something to be encouraged about, but after having been on Atkins & had such success, it is discouraging to have been on it for 2 months, and no weight loss. I use ketostix & they're always purple, so I know I'm in ketosis. I'm not good about exercising, but do have a plan to start this week. Any words of advice would be very much appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:01

Stats: 244/217/140 Female 5ft. 5in.
BF:
Progress: 26%

Well you have come to the right place for good advice and help. The folks here are so knowledgable, and supportive. Sorry I don't have much advice for you, as I am fairly new to the Atkins WOL, and still learning. Hang in there, and good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hi ilovefood, I'll be typical and suggest you post a menu. Maybe there are errors in your food choices that we may be able to spot out. Are you drinking enough water, eating enough veggies?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 09:16

Progress:

A typical day for me goes like this: Bkfst - 2 strips low sodium bacon, 1 fried egg, coffee w/heavy cream. Lunch - 6 oz. tuna w/mayonnaise, 1 green pepper, diet soda. Dinner - some form of meat, some form of veggie, cooked or raw. Snacks - frozen raspberries w/cream or 1 Atkins Almond Brownie Bar. I drink 3 quarts of water daily. Does this sound okay? I feel as though I'm being pretty careful. The only thing I can figure is I'm mid 40's & my metabolism is being thrown off because of perimenopause (hormones). Don't know for sure.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 10:20

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 165/129/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 103%

What phase of Atkins are you in? Induction? OWL? You're food choices could make a difference depending on that.

Are you drinking regular coffe/soda or decaf? I think caffine is one of those things that can slow/stall peoples weight loss.

Same with the Atkins Bar. Actually I think more people stall from those than caffine. Maybe try going w/o them or a few days?

As for the hormones, never underestimate their influence.

Well congrats on all the water your drinking and please hang in there!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 17:03

Progress:

I am in OWL. I only drink decaf soda/coffee. I eat Atkins bars 2-3 times a week. I think maybe hormones & lack of exercise may be my problem. I'm not going to give up, though. I feel better on this WOL & will stick with it until I see results. Thanks for the encouragement!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 19:25

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi, ilovefood!

Like Skamito suggested, it would be really beneficial for you to start a food journal. Without more specific information, like ounces eaten of a certain food and the ratios of fat/protein/carbs per day, etc., it's hard for anyone to be helpful in a meaningful way.

Most of us here use fitday.com, as you will notice after you have participated on this board for a while. Registration and use is free, and it is great! I wish I had started my food journal a year ago--- it wouldn't have taken me all this time to get on track if I had.

Good luck to you!

Whammy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 21:18
Registered Member

Stats: 223/211/120 Female 63 inches
BF:overboard
Progress: 12%

Hi ilovefood
You are not alone. I've been doing Atkins since April and only lost 6 lbs. However I do believe I have lost 1/2 inch. Hang in there. I have to stayed on induction because of my slow weight loss. If you are on induction you might want to refer to "induction foods list" If I remember correctly bars are not aloud on induction neither are berriesw. On induction I have one diet soda a week and only if it has splenda in it.
hang in there
Terri
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 22:37
Registered Member

Stats: 148/?/130
BF:
Progress: 11%

wow, you guys sound like me. I have been on Atkins since April 21st and actually have gained a few pounds. i am looking at some other plans because I simply can't live with the weight. My son has been on Atkins since mid June and has lost over 25 pounds. I must be one of the bodytypes that doesn't lose on this WOE. I KNEW I wasn't alone!

peace
rebecca

Last edited by beachgrl : Sat, Jul-19-03 at 22:38.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 07:21

Stats: 250/230/165 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 24%

Me too, the weight is barely moving... I'm going to complete this week w/the changes I have made and then I will decide what to do.

Like everyone, I'm not looking for miracles but some loss would be nice LOL.

Hugs to everyone struggling w/no results.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 08:06

Progress:

Thanks for the encouragement! It's so helpful to know I'm not the only one struggling. I have been thinking about switching plans. Don't know yet what I'm going to do, but I do know I don't want to go back to eating carbs. Thanks again for your help!