Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   still not losing! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=124050)

ilovefood Sat, Jul-19-03 08:56

still not losing!

I'm a newbie at posting, but not to Atkins. I went on Atkins in 1996 & lost 30 lbs. in 3 months! :thup: That was before counting "net" carbs. Just counted straight carbs. I started lcing again 5/13/03 & have not lost a pound! I have lost 1 inch around hips & can now wear my wedding ring again. I know that's something to be encouraged about, but after having been on Atkins & had such success, it is discouraging to have been on it for 2 months, and no weight loss. I use ketostix & they're always purple, so I know I'm in ketosis. I'm not good about exercising, but do have a plan to start this week. Any words of advice would be very much appreciated!!!

saffron28 Sat, Jul-19-03 09:01

Well you have come to the right place for good advice and help. The folks here are so knowledgable, and supportive. Sorry I don't have much advice for you, as I am fairly new to the Atkins WOL, and still learning. Hang in there, and good luck.

Skamito Sat, Jul-19-03 09:03

Hi ilovefood, I'll be typical and suggest you post a menu. Maybe there are errors in your food choices that we may be able to spot out. Are you drinking enough water, eating enough veggies? :)

ilovefood Sat, Jul-19-03 09:16

A typical day for me goes like this: Bkfst - 2 strips low sodium bacon, 1 fried egg, coffee w/heavy cream. Lunch - 6 oz. tuna w/mayonnaise, 1 green pepper, diet soda. Dinner - some form of meat, some form of veggie, cooked or raw. Snacks - frozen raspberries w/cream or 1 Atkins Almond Brownie Bar. I drink 3 quarts of water daily. Does this sound okay? I feel as though I'm being pretty careful. The only thing I can figure is I'm mid 40's & my metabolism is being thrown off because of perimenopause (hormones). Don't know for sure.

Tiffanylip Sat, Jul-19-03 10:20

What phase of Atkins are you in? Induction? OWL? You're food choices could make a difference depending on that.

Are you drinking regular coffe/soda or decaf? I think caffine is one of those things that can slow/stall peoples weight loss.

Same with the Atkins Bar. Actually I think more people stall from those than caffine. Maybe try going w/o them or a few days?

As for the hormones, never underestimate their influence.

Well congrats on all the water your drinking and please hang in there!

ilovefood Sat, Jul-19-03 17:03

I am in OWL. I only drink decaf soda/coffee. I eat Atkins bars 2-3 times a week. I think maybe hormones & lack of exercise may be my problem. I'm not going to give up, though. I feel better on this WOL & will stick with it until I see results. Thanks for the encouragement!

Whammy Sat, Jul-19-03 19:25

Hi, ilovefood!

Like Skamito suggested, it would be really beneficial for you to start a food journal. Without more specific information, like ounces eaten of a certain food and the ratios of fat/protein/carbs per day, etc., it's hard for anyone to be helpful in a meaningful way.

Most of us here use fitday.com, as you will notice after you have participated on this board for a while. Registration and use is free, and it is great! I wish I had started my food journal a year ago--- it wouldn't have taken me all this time to get on track if I had.

Good luck to you!

Whammy

Terri_K Sat, Jul-19-03 21:18

Hi ilovefood
You are not alone. I've been doing Atkins since April and only lost 6 lbs. However I do believe I have lost 1/2 inch. Hang in there. I have to stayed on induction because of my slow weight loss. If you are on induction you might want to refer to "induction foods list" If I remember correctly bars are not aloud on induction neither are berriesw. On induction I have one diet soda a week and only if it has splenda in it.
hang in there :)
Terri

beachgrl Sat, Jul-19-03 22:37

wow, you guys sound like me. I have been on Atkins since April 21st and actually have gained a few pounds. i am looking at some other plans because I simply can't live with the weight. My son has been on Atkins since mid June and has lost over 25 pounds. I must be one of the bodytypes that doesn't lose on this WOE. I KNEW I wasn't alone!

peace
rebecca
:cool: :wave:

Leenie Mon, Jul-21-03 07:21

Me too, the weight is barely moving... I'm going to complete this week w/the changes I have made and then I will decide what to do.

Like everyone, I'm not looking for miracles but some loss would be nice LOL.

Hugs to everyone struggling w/no results.

ilovefood Mon, Jul-21-03 08:06

Thanks for the encouragement! It's so helpful to know I'm not the only one struggling. I have been thinking about switching plans. Don't know yet what I'm going to do, but I do know I don't want to go back to eating carbs. Thanks again for your help!