Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/197/130
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking Wandering Minds

Have you ever had a really stupid thought ?
I was sitting at my desk today trying not to work, thinking about how I havn't lost any weight and all the agony I'm going through on Induction, how I havn't logged into this site in two days (It really helps me to read your trials and tribulations), and feeling sorry for myself because tom came today.
I was thinking; If all those people on that site have lost weight, I just need to stick to it, because if it worked for them, it will (eventually) work for me.
Then I started thinking; well maybe those are fake people on that site, maybe its all an "Atkins Scam"
So sorry, I know your not fake people, but my mind wanders sometimes, too much sci-fi reading maybe ? and I'm still hanging in there.
Just wanted to share my stupid thought for the day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 21:02
Registered Member

Stats: 231/221/150 Male 5' 8"/1.72m
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default absotively, posilutely real

Real? Heck, we're larger than life ! No doubt, coming here is my best strategy for 'staying on track'. There's great support to be found here; I'm glad I found it. Now, just do us a favor, & don't look out the window for another 5 minutes--we haven't finished changing the exterior set yet !
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 11:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/158/150
BF:
Progress: 91%

That is really funny you should say that. I came to this site about a month before I even started doing the LC. And I was thinking the same thing...lol These days you have to be careful. I didnt want to be made a fool. Somewhere down the line I became a believer as silly as that sounds. Now the proof is in the pudding.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 12:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hi Trifle

It wasnt a stupid thought, and I could see how at this point U still may doubt your ability to lose weight low-carbing. I actually didnt find this site until I was maintaining so hence the reason why I never doubted anybody elses success, that and the fact that I try to be totally honest and I guess I expect everyone else should be too.. LOL maybe I am a little naive.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 17:57

Stats: 155/133/125
BF:
Progress: 73%

I must admit sometimes I did wonder if everyone was doing as well as they claimed. Now i know its probably true.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 18:26
Registered Member

Stats: 189/149/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default it really does work

This WOE really does work,,and after awhile, you don't even think about it and it all falls into place. I was also skeptible about it
I thought," Excuse me, there could not possibly be this many people controlling carbs ........but I am happy to say it works.

and whenever you are having doubts,,,or thinking of quitting don't , post how you are feeling, and one or many thoughtful posters will reply to raise your spirits!

Smiley