Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Wandering Minds (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33982)

Trifle Wed, Feb-13-02 20:12

Wandering Minds

Have you ever had a really stupid thought ?
I was sitting at my desk today trying not to work, thinking about how I havn't lost any weight and all the agony I'm going through on Induction, how I havn't logged into this site in two days (It really helps me to read your trials and tribulations), and feeling sorry for myself because tom came today.
I was thinking; If all those people on that site have lost weight, I just need to stick to it, because if it worked for them, it will (eventually) work for me.
Then I started thinking; well maybe those are fake people on that site, maybe its all an "Atkins Scam" :eek:
So sorry, I know your not fake people, but my mind wanders sometimes, too much sci-fi reading maybe ? and I'm still hanging in there.
Just wanted to share my stupid thought for the day. :roll:

Snoopy Wed, Feb-13-02 21:02

absotively, posilutely real

Real? Heck, we're larger than life ! No doubt, coming here is my best strategy for 'staying on track'. There's great support to be found here; I'm glad I found it. Now, just do us a favor, & don't look out the window for another 5 minutes--we haven't finished changing the exterior set yet :D!

waterh2o Thu, Feb-14-02 11:46

That is really funny you should say that. I came to this site about a month before I even started doing the LC. And I was thinking the same thing...lol These days you have to be careful. I didnt want to be made a fool. Somewhere down the line I became a believer as silly as that sounds. Now the proof is in the pudding. :wave:

gwilson38 Thu, Feb-14-02 12:08

hi Trifle

It wasnt a stupid thought, and I could see how at this point U still may doubt your ability to lose weight low-carbing. I actually didnt find this site until I was maintaining so hence the reason why I never doubted anybody elses success, that and the fact that I try to be totally honest and I guess I expect everyone else should be too.. LOL maybe I am a little naive.

Nimi Thu, Feb-14-02 17:57

I must admit sometimes I did wonder if everyone was doing as well as they claimed. Now i know its probably true.

smiley Fri, Feb-15-02 18:26

it really does work

This WOE really does work,,and after awhile, you don't even think about it and it all falls into place. I was also skeptible about it
I thought," Excuse me, there could not possibly be this many people controlling carbs ........but I am happy to say it works.

and whenever you are having doubts,,,or thinking of quitting don't , post how you are feeling, and one or many thoughtful posters will reply to raise your spirits!

Smiley