Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default Day #11 of Induction: I have never had so much meat in my life!

All I crave lately is meat. When am I eating TOO MUCH meat? Bacon? I cannot believe I am eating so much meat. And to think, I used to be a vegetarian! Ha!

I am on day 11 and feeling good. I don't think I have lost much weight...maybe 4 lbs or so. But I am in constant ketosis. I am thinking of staying in Induction for two more weeks, and staying away from alcohol & those supposed "0 carbs" chocolate bars....those are the only possible cheats I've had.

I feel I am doing well, but after reading how well most of you do, I feel like I am failing. ...?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 10:34
Registered Member

Stats: 270/235/150
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile

Are you eating veggies and fats also? If not, you need to. You cannot lose weight on meat alone.

I think that 4 lbs in 11 days is fine weight loss. I wouldn't worry so much about trying to compare yourself with others. Why do you feel like you are failing? You are losing and you are feeling good.

The "FEELING GOOD" is what you are going for. Congrats with your success of achieving that!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 10:48

Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%

Oh, yes, I am eating fats & veggies.

This is what I am eating..cucumber, salad greens, green pepper, radishes, celery and cream cheese, butter, salad dressing, american cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, ham, pork, beef, chicken, spinach, bacon, sugar-free jello, lots of water, snow peas, cabbage, bok choy, garlic, bacon fat, veg. oil, some whiskey/vodka/tonic, and a few low carb beers (which i eliminated as of yesterday.)

is there anything there i should avoid or anything i should try to eat more of?

#4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 10:56

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Well... technically American cheese and ricotta cheese are not allowed on induction. Atkins warns against processed cheeses as they have more carbs and ricotta is not allowed because it is a "soft" cheese. Not sure why he's against these for induction, probably because of the way the lactose is structured.

The alcohol is probably slowing your loss as well. Your body will not be in fat burning mode (lipolysis) after you ingest alcohol because it will burn off the alcohol for energy first. You should return to ketosis and lypolysis after that happens, but this will inevitably slow things down. Good to know.

That being said, if it's workin', it's workin'! Four pounds is four pounds and if you take out the alcohol, it should move even more quickly. Are you feeling other benefits of low carb?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 10:58
Registered Member

Stats: 270/235/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

The alcohol is causing you to lose slower. Your body burns the alcohol first, instead of any carbs or fat. Cut out all of the alcohol and you will probably see a faster loss.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 11:00
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I think with you eliminating the alcohol, you will see a difference in the fat loss. Your body always uses the alcohol for fuel before the fat.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 11:08

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default In addition

I would also add red and yellow bell peppers. These are mucho high in vitamin c, much much higher than the forbidden orange. Vitamin c enables the body to absorb other nutrients. Soon you can add strawberries and melon. However, I had a small amount of berries while on induction.

Black57