Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 12:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/259/210
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question stalled?

Ive lost 20 pounds in the first 9 days of induction....

but now its stopped?
its been over a week with no lose

breakfast = usually nothing
lunch = tuna or chicken salad
dinner = broiled half chicken w/ 1 cup cooked spinach

I do notice that I am even thinner and my clothes are much more lose

do you think an am still losing fat and regaining muscle?

hmmmmm
I not that discouraged, even though i'm not losing anything according to the scale, but I do feel alot better and clothes fit better
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 12:57

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: stalled?

Quote:
Originally posted by jedblack
do you think an am still losing fat and regaining muscle?
No. I think you're at risk of losing that muscle, too. Especially if you continue eating this way, Jed.

Dr. Atkins advises you to eat breakfast. He also advises you not to go longer than 5 hours between meals. LC is about lowered carbs, not lowered calories!

What you're doing is teaching your body that food is scarce. What is is going to learn is how to conserve what little energy you're feeling it.

You've lost 20 lbs, that's a lot of weight for such a short time period. A lot of that was water, just because LCing is very diuretic in nature, and yes, some was fat. If you want to build a fat burning machine you need to feed it like one.

I'd suggest going through the book again and making a list of the foods you should be eating - more veggies, more fats and more foods. Cruise the boards here and please stop and look in on the "Newbies' Questions" forum at a thread stuck at the top called 'Hot Links!' - you'll find a lot of information to past discussion on stalling, eating enough and a myraid of other topics.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:01

BF:

I still scared to shovel pounds of fat in my diet cause the evident risk of raised cholesterol levels
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:05

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

If you read the book (and the research) it will show that fat does not elevate cholesterol unless paired with HIGH CARBS. While on a low carbohydrate plan, fat will not be processed in the same way.

Read the research and start eating more!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 13:13

BF:

as far as the rate of lose....

I losing the pounds even faster in the summer when I was cycling 30miles a day 5days a week

I dont think it good the lose that fast, but ... I was feeling great... so i kept doing it
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 14:07

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Jed, i agree with the others, you are not eating enough and not frequently enough either. This WOL is about eating, fat is your friend - read the book again. Read some of the posts on this forum, you will then realize this is a healthy WOL.

Vikki