Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 01:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/140/130
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default somewhat confused

hi Everyone
I"m new to logging into any kind of chat line or support system online.
I"ve done Atkins and Suzanne Somers in the past and am thinking of re-starting. I have had moderate success in past and have never truly had success at using them as "way of life". I'm going to re-start- and am somewhat confused as to which to try: Suzanne Somers? or Atkins? or evern Weight Watchers- my eating is out of control again- and I need to re-lose same 15 lbs or so.
But feel information overload- any advise. I think this time- I'll try to do better using some of these support systems- they sound great!
Any advice? I'm leaning towards Atkins, but think it is tougher to maintain over longterm?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 10:06

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Take a look at the quick link to the right of this page, it is called "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" Hopefully that will help you decide which plan that you can maintain. For me it is Atkins.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 10:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lisa. It sounds like you've tried a few plans over the years. My advice would be to sit down and make out a list of what you liked about each one and what you didn't, then head over to the Which Plan is Right for Me? link and take a look at those listed with list in hand.

LC can be a very successful WOL for many, but having a plan that works for you is key. If you prefer more veggies / fruits and whole grains then a program like Schwarzbein, Protien Power or Somers would be more suited to your lifestyle than Atkins. Also, keep in mind that with 15 lbs to lose you could do your two weeks of Induction to detox on Atkins then move to higher carbs with OWL.

Planning is key - and a positive 'tude. You can do this!
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 13:45
Registered Member

Stats: 145/140/130
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default :) Choosing Atkins

Thanks Nat and Talon

I re-read Atkins and feel ready to try it again. This time I'll try to follow Induction exactly and do the "phases" it suggests. I think I just drop some weight usually and then do not take the time to progress gently forward through the phases.
I think the support forum is really neat. I've been enjoying re-reading older threads and there is so much information and support!
thanks
Mona Lisa