Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 14:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 116/116/110 Female 5'4
BF:15%
Progress: 0%
Default Atkins Accel

Has anyone tried this and noticed any difference in their weight loss? I was thinking of buying some tomorrow. I found them pretty cheap at vitacost.com.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 15:17

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

I tried the Accel but did not like it. It did not seem to help any with the weight lose, but it has caffeine in it which did bother me. I had cut out all drinks and stuff with caffeine and taking the Accel made me feel like I had just drank a Mt. Dew or something. Everyone is different, so it might do well for you. Good luck.

Marie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 16:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/133/119 Female 5'3"
BF:?/34%/?
Progress: 50%

I have been using accel for about 3 weeks now and seem to have broken the "normal mini stall" that comes at about 4 weeks.........I also started OWL at the same time though so I don't know which one actually did it for me, I need to change my stats, I'm down to 127.........yeah!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 16:43

Stats: 169/145/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Accel has the "natural caffiene equivelent to 1 cup of coffee" and never given me any trouble...just more energy and a boost to weight loss. People I know are all losing more rapicdy when they take it...I'm a believer!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 18:45

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

I just took it for thr first time today & noticed a little energy "buzz". I never looked to see if there was caffine included, so that information explains alot. I will keep taking it, but will limit it to AM's.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 20:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

i took it for about 2 weeks then stopped i didn't notice any change, but watch out when you stop taking it the caffiene headache is pretty bad when you come off it ;0)
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 21:45

Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I have a whole bottle of it that has been sitting in my cupboard for a month. I too went off caffeine cold turkey when I started induction and last month I took one Accel and didn't like it at all. I felt like I was on prednisone I had the shakes so bad. It also gave me a bad headache, weird cuz I thought you only got those from going OFF caffeine, not taking it. If the caffeine doesn't bother you then I'd at least drink an extra glass of water to counter the drying effects of the caffeine. My DH never fully went off caffeine so I told him the next time he wanted real coffee and I had decaf in the pot he should just take one of those. I used to be a total caffeine addict. I'd drink almost a pot daily and I'd eat the choclate covered espresso beans and eat turbo truffels. Now it's diet rite and decaf beans for me. Hmmm, wonder if someone will come out with SF chocolate covered decaf espresso beans. Yum, what a thought. Actually the atkins coffee crunch bar kinda tastes that way.
I did buy Atkins Fat Converter. Can't say that I've seen a difference but at least there's no bad side effects. Annie