Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 12:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/175/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Frustrated-Need some opinions

Today is my 17th day of induction I have not lost any weight or inches. At first Ithought I had lost 5 pounds but I had weighed in at different times of the day once and night for my first reading and then in the morning to see if I had lost I sure had.
So my clothes fit the same! I feel I have a little more energy. I am always in a foul mood! My food cravings are down! I have been in Ketosis since day 2 I even have reassured that by testing at different times of the day! I really don't want to stop the Atkins plan! I just wish I had something to show for it!
This is what I ate today!

Breakfast
Peperoni and Cheese

Lunch
1 1/2 cups of lettuce with Mayo and Ranch
3 bites of Pork

Snack
Real Pork Rinds (Chicarones)
2 bites of Think Thin bar (a twice a week thinG)

Dinner
Chicken Breast
1 1/2 cups of Salad with Mayo and Ranch

Deasert
Mock Danish (2oz. cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, 1 egg, 1 packet of splenda

This doesn't seem bad to me! What am I doing wrong?
Any opinions???
Help Please!
ssguzman
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 16:24

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Well..

You could be getting too FEW calories.
You might want to go to fitday.com and start a journal there and keep track.
If your not getting enough calories in, Bodies rebel and hold onto what it has.
Nedra
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 16:38

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Boy, I can hear your frustration and understand it too.

It could be mid-cycle water retention, or medications. I sure wish it were easy to figure out why our body does not want to lose 'as expected'.

Definitely pick one time of each day to weigh: best is in the AM when you get up, visit the bathroom & have no clothes on. Then don't weigh again until the next morning.

If you are in ketosis, then you WILL lose. But I don't know which day. But if you keep on the plan, you should lose, and maybe a whole bunch at once.

Wishing you a BIG loss this week.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 17:55

Stats: 168/157/140
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Don`t Stop

Hi ssguzman! Just wanted to give you a little encouragement. I first started atkins in Nov. Lost 4 lbs the first week, then zip the next. I got discouraged and quit just in time for the holidays lol. Anyway, I am an e×tremely slow loser normaly. In fact, on just about every diet I have been on, I GAIN weight. Anyway, I re-started Atkins 11 days ago. Had lost very little, but this evening when I got home, I had lost 3 1/2 pounds since yesterday! I have been reading the boards and getting lots of encouragement from them. Thats why I decided to stick it out this time-lot of ppl talk about not losing, then suddenly you lose a lot. So at least try it for a while longer. Maybe you have a "whosh" coming to you!