Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Frustrated-Need some opinions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=81102)

ssguzman Sat, Jan-18-03 12:25

Frustrated-Need some opinions

Today is my 17th day of induction I have not lost any weight or inches. At first Ithought I had lost 5 pounds but I had weighed in at different times of the day once and night for my first reading and then in the morning to see if I had lost I sure had.
So my clothes fit the same! I feel I have a little more energy. I am always in a foul mood! My food cravings are down! I have been in Ketosis since day 2 I even have reassured that by testing at different times of the day! I really don't want to stop the Atkins plan! I just wish I had something to show for it!
This is what I ate today!

Breakfast
Peperoni and Cheese

Lunch
1 1/2 cups of lettuce with Mayo and Ranch
3 bites of Pork

Snack
Real Pork Rinds (Chicarones)
2 bites of Think Thin bar (a twice a week thinG)

Dinner
Chicken Breast
1 1/2 cups of Salad with Mayo and Ranch

Deasert
Mock Danish (2oz. cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla, 1 egg, 1 packet of splenda

This doesn't seem bad to me! What am I doing wrong?
Any opinions???
Help Please!
ssguzman

PoofieD Sat, Jan-18-03 16:24

Well..

You could be getting too FEW calories.
You might want to go to fitday.com and start a journal there and keep track.
If your not getting enough calories in, Bodies rebel and hold onto what it has.
Nedra

tofi Sat, Jan-18-03 16:38

Boy, I can hear your frustration and understand it too.

It could be mid-cycle water retention, or medications. I sure wish it were easy to figure out why our body does not want to lose 'as expected'.

Definitely pick one time of each day to weigh: best is in the AM when you get up, visit the bathroom & have no clothes on. Then don't weigh again until the next morning.

If you are in ketosis, then you WILL lose. But I don't know which day. But if you keep on the plan, you should lose, and maybe a whole bunch at once.

Wishing you a BIG loss this week. :wave:

mebeso Sat, Jan-18-03 17:55

Don`t Stop

Hi ssguzman! Just wanted to give you a little encouragement. I first started atkins in Nov. Lost 4 lbs the first week, then zip the next. I got discouraged and quit just in time for the holidays lol. Anyway, I am an e×tremely slow loser normaly. In fact, on just about every diet I have been on, I GAIN weight. Anyway, I re-started Atkins 11 days ago. Had lost very little, but this evening when I got home, I had lost 3 1/2 pounds since yesterday! I have been reading the boards and getting lots of encouragement from them. Thats why I decided to stick it out this time-lot of ppl talk about not losing, then suddenly you lose a lot. So at least try it for a while longer. Maybe you have a "whosh" coming to you!