Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 00:29

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Approach
Stats: 204/199/170
BF:
Progress: 15%
Angry What can really get the fat off top all this lovely muscle

Hey I have been on the ANA for 3 1/2 weeks now and I have only lost 6 lbs on the scale. I have lost 2 inches in my hips and waist each. My clothes fit looser. It's just that my goal for this PT test was to not be taped.(I'm i the Navy) My youngest son turned 1 yr Mar 22. I am a workout freak I just used to have a problem with sweets. That has succombed due to this plan. I feel great. I do buy the low-carb carbolite peanut butter cups though for bad cravings of chocolate.
I do 30mins cardio 6 days a weeks and weights 3 times a week in addition to my cardio. I can feel my new body underneath the baby fat pouch and the high hip area. My muscle is really there and firm I just need the fat to be gone.
I'm thinking patience will give me the results I want. Let me know.
One more question will that skin firm up when the fat is gone or will it just hang there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freshperm.jpg (17.5 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 05:48
Urban Jungle Denizen

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Why do you say "only"? Damn girl, you're doing great!

I mean, you have provable, visible results, and it's only been 3 weeks!

You didn't get the way you are in 3 weeks, you can't expect to say "poof" and have it all go away... But I guarantee you it will take less time to get where you want to be than it took to get where you were when you started this WOE...

Stick with it - and remember - short term goals are great if they keep you going, but the real point of this WOL is long term - so kick back and enjoy the ride!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 08:43
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Patience is definately the key here. You will lose that fat if you keep going and all that lovely muscle will help you get there. Muscle, as you probably know, burns lots of calories even when just sitting around. Plus, it helps you look smaller at any weight.

I am FINALLY getting to the point where my muscle tone is showing up. You are doing wonderfully and that picture is cute to boot!