Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 07:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/gastric bypass
Stats: 278/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default "sick of water"

Ok Im gonna whine. I am sick of water. I hate crystal light, Dont like ice tea, love diet vanilla pepsi but it stalls me if I drink too much, I am barely getting down 6-7 glasses a day. Some times it feels like it wont stay down. I absolutely hate it!. Anyone else losing ok NOT drinking all their water?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Nope - gotta have the water...It also keeps away the leg cramps. I feel for you though, it is hard to down it all - for me I have to have ice cold water - lukewarm makes me naseaus...keep up the water, it will be worth it in the end
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 07:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

ps..how did you lose over 100 pounds in a month? Your stats say you went from 278 - 139? That is wonderful!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:03
Registered Member

BF:

My start weight is when I had my gastric bypass, 2 years ago. I started Atkins at 161 on 2-7-04 think I should change my profile???
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I have to keep bottles in the fridge all the time, I need mine super cold also. It's hard at first, but then you'll get to where you feel you NEED it and it's not a chore anymore.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i can't drink large quantities of water if it is super cold. i do like ice water, but it has to be just a little cool for me to guzzle it all down. i kind of make a game out of it....i fill a two quart jug and i have to drink it all before the end of the day! i also drink a bottle on the way to work and a bottle on the way home...plus a glass here and there at home. sometimes i try to see if i can empty the jug before noon! then i don't have to deal with it anymore!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 08:59
Registered Member

Stats: 138/126/120 Female 5'4
BF:26%
Progress: 67%

You know, I don't mind drinking the water, but having to pee all day long is getting to be a real drag -- I went to the movies with a friend and had to get up three times to go to the bathroom; I missed out on a key scene!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 12:29
i see stars

Plan: My own way
Stats: 168/165/140 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Lightbulb

I love water now, and I used to not drink a drop! Just before my husband & I started Atkins, we purchased a Pur Ultimate Dispenser. I love my water from this thing! We keep it super cold, and I buy my ice from the grocery store since it is made with purified water.

So, in short, tap water doesn't cut it - I won't drink it.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 12:47
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I am the opposite of Theresa-May I drink it better when it's not so cold. I carry around a water bottle with me all the time. I t makes it easier.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 14:11
Registered Member

BF:

Ok I try to get all 7-8 glasses down from 4am when I wake up to exercise until about 9am so I dont have to drink anymore the rest of the day. My boss wonders why Im in the restroom all morning, and I make little tic marks on my calendar on my desk to keep track. I cant drink it really cold it hurts my teeth and tap is yucky. So, the boss bought a filter for the office. OK guys tell me it does NOT matter if you drink all the water in the am, I dont have to drag this out right????
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 14:22

Stats: 191.5/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:39.8%/?/27%
Progress: 56%

I like lukewarm water best-- super cold water turns my belly.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:46

Plan: ****
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 25
BF:
Progress: 29%

Just so you know, there are people who really can't drink a lot of water. I tried the 64 oz. per day and got cardiac arrhythmias and also leg and foot cramps so bad I thought I'd be crippled. I was just diluting myself too much. I drink when I'm thirsty, and that works for me. I end up drinking about 40 oz. per day, and that's just about right for me.

Taking potassium, magnesium, and salt (if I didn't eat anything salty) helps with the problems, too.

Why not see how you do?

Another way to get liquid is Diet Rite cola. It's Splenda-sweetened, carbonated, cola-colored water with absolutely no-nothing in it in the way of carbs, calories, or nutrients. If you just hate water, that may work for you.

Good luck finding your path to water perfection!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:52

Stats: 250/130/150 Female 5' 1"
BF:Not anymore!
Progress: 120%

I know what you are going through...I also find water unpalatable. It can't taste to other people like it tastes to me or no one would be able to drink it! Unless it's ice cold, it upsets my tummy and if I keep forcing it, I'll be nauseous. I found that if I add a tiny bit of sugar-free flavor, it helps me get it down. Not a lot, just enough to take the edge off that taste...
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 15:55
Registered Member

Stats: 238/228/130 Female 5"2
BF:
Progress: 9%

I also find it helps to carry around a couple of 500ml bottles around during the day....My advice is to set yourself mini water goals to make it less of a deal....try having liitle gulps frequently rather than lots in a short space of time.....before you know it youve drunk a small bottle...Also dont just wait until you are thirsty to drink sip in between thirst to boost your hydration....
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 270/230/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default i heard of this fruit h20 thing

which i havent tried, but i'm getting close.

i think that finally i've become sick of water, it would be nice to be able to drink something else.

coffee-- nahh glad i broke that addiction
tea-- every blue moon

soda= no no

so what else is there

i have a glass of wine here and there, but it always comes back to water. and i think that i need to ahve something else or i'm gonna break