Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 07:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/227/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Unhappy Stalled

Jeesh, this is getting discouraging. After doing so well on induction (12 pounds) for the last 2 weeks my scale has not budged a pound!! I read here that this is normal - but what can I do to kick it back into gear???

I have been pretty much sticking to the basic induction foods - could this be why? Should I add more carbs in?

BTW, I bought pork rinds last weekend for the first time - couldn't get past the SMELL when I opened the bag. Told my BF they smelled like my cat's breath!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 08:12

Stats: 000/000/153
BF:2 much for now
Progress: 0%
Default me too

Gee count your blessing. I have been at it over 4 weeks, lost about 7 lbs. the first 2 weeks, then gained 4, lost all but two of them and I am about ready to quit.
I have been doing FitDay and recording in the journal yada yada
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 08:34
Registered Member

Stats: 248/227/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

It does get discouraging, doesn't it?? I try not to think about the scale not moving, and continue on my plan for the day. I keep waiting for my clothes to feel looser like everyone says - they don't!! I was so into this at first, and am trudging along hoping that the next weigh in will show a significant loss. I am not a water drinker, so it's like swallowing medicine for me to drink it. And reading all the advice on here is good, but I am trying everything they say & nothing's helping!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 08:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%

HEY Guys!!! Don't give up!!! I'm not and I have had just as hard a time! I started at 200, dropped to 189, got on the scale this morning and am....196!
I think I am retaining water from too much sodium possibly. Have been VERY diligent about this WOE but I think the pork rinds (I use them for cooking...not snacking) and I bought some salami...maybe a mistake.
So...today I am cutting the salt and think I will cut some of the dairy as well.
We KNOW this WOE obviously works...we lost a "few" pounds already....so we might as well stick with it.

#5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 09:02

I am a BIG water drinker and you would think that even if we eat salty stuff, all the water would flush it out
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 09:06

Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default ladybug

I drink a huge amount of water as well....and YES you WOULD think that it would "flush out the salt" but I don't think that is always true.

Keep your chin up and together we will all work through this!!!

#7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 10:22

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Stay strong...

Stalls do happen. It's unfortunate but true. Try to stick to your plan though and incorporate some sort of movement/exercise beyond what you're currently expereincing.

And don't forget to take some measurements. Not every measure of your success needs to be tied to that scale.

Donald
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 12:25

Stats: 220/216/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I know how you both feel, I have been in a stall for a month now. I am going to just keep chugging away. I screwed up by going off of this WOE and GAINED 10lbs and now am working trying to loose the 10, plus what I have left to goal. But being off during the holidays taught me that I have to stick to this WOE. It is the only way to keep control of my weight.

I just keep reminding myself, as long as I stick to it I am in control, and it will slowly drop off eventually.

Good luck!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:09

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 135/108/107
BF:?
Progress: 96%
Smile Eat early

What time do eat your last meal? Try eating before 6p. I know this doesn't help much. No matter what I eat, as long as I eat before 6p, I don't gain an ounce.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 14:56

BF:

I always quit eating 3 hours before I go to bed. (ever since I saw that thing on Opera) All I drink after 6 is water and 1 cup of herbal tea (plain no sweetners etc) Good advise.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 15:16

Stats: 192/185/148
BF:
Progress: 16%

I've had a stall too...during my induction after losing 4 pounds. Someone told me that since it was my second induction that the results wouldn't be as great as the first one a few years ago. The stall can be disheartening but I've decided this is the WOL for me and I ain't turnin' back.
I looked really hard at everything I was eating and drinking and cut back on the Splenda sodas and increased the water. Also, instead of heavy cream in my decaf tea or coffee in the mornings I've been using the Atkins creamy Vanilla Shake instead. It's only 2 grams of carbs for the whole dang can so I figure it's way less than one. Shaving off carbs here and there must have helped cause I lost another pound! that makes 5 now.
Drink more water, expercise more, and shave off carbs if you think that might be the problem.
Best to all

#12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 16:16

BF:

That is the best idea about using the shake instead of the cream!!! I am going to do that. Thanks so much for the great idea.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 08:36

If you drink only water it doesn't matter how late in the evening you drink it, only thing is you may have to pee during the night.
I think, after one month on induction, I am going to increase my carbs and see what happens.
BTW...I have lost only about 7 lbs. while my husband has lost 20. &%$#*(&^%^
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 16:41

Plan: Atkins, diet pills
Stats: 168/130/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up Take Chromium!

I lost 9 pounds during induction, and then my weight loss slowed to 2-3 pounds per week. Last week when I weighed myself I had only lost 1 pound. I freaked of course, and talked to my doc. he recomended taking Chromium Pic. So, I started taking 800 mcg everyday, and I have lost 4 pounds! Chromium helps speed up your metabolism. Just some advice, it works for me!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 22:48
Registered Member

Stats: 165/152/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Ketosis Test Strips

Hi

Have you guys tries the ketosis test strips? You can get them at any pharmacy in the diabetic section. I find they really help keep me updated as to whether I am in this fat burning state. Maybe you are not in ketosis, therefor are stalled.

i dunno.. you can give it a try.

bye

ilona