Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 09:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/316/220 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Off to a good start

Woot! 15 pounds in the first 15 days! 10 on induction, and 5 off the induction. I'm expecting it to slow down now a bit, but I'm happy with the results!

Mike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 02:47

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good for you! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Don't be too surprised if it not only slows down but you might actually gain some weight in the next week or two. Don't fret it. I lost 14 pounds the first week and gained 3 of it back the second. The third week I lost 5 and the fourth week I lost another 2. Right now it looks like the fifth week is going to come in somewhere in the 0 to 2 pound range as well.

But, hey, even at one pound a week I will be there in less than four years. I expect it to be a bit faster - I certainly hope it is. But I'll take it over staying where I'm at.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 437/392/360
BF:
Progress: 58%

Way to go Mike !!! Keep it up... There will be stalling periods as well, but as I've learned (The Hard way) you have to keep on going and believing in the diet. I hard lost faith and ate some nasty sweets and stuff and put on 4 lbs a few weeks ago but I am now back on track and realised that I dont ever want to do that again. It is a great feeling to lose pounds though. I've lost 36 lbs since Dec and Im into older,smaller pants and it feels wonderful !! I can't wait until I hit my mini goal of 50 lbs ! Im gonna burn an old pair of size 58 pants for a laugh !!

Good luck and keep it up !!
Craig
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

WTG Mike!! Looks like you're off to a great start - coupled with a great attitude and a realistic outlook there's no stopping you. Keep it up

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 12:25
Registered Member

Stats: 345/316/220 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 23%

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. It's definitely a great feeling when you can starting fitting into old clothes.

I'm feeling good and looking forward to a year from now.

Thanks again,

Mike
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 11:53
Registered Member

Stats: 340/318/180
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Good job!!!

Mike,

I can certainly relate! Way to go!!!!

Getting through induction can be tough, but you did it!!

Be proud

It looks like we are of similar weight, with similar goals and at basically the same point in our diet, I was wondering, did you want to converse more via email or..? Just wondering, I was kinda looking for a "weight-loss buddy" to talk with often online.. Just a thought!

Let me know Mike!

At any rate Good Job !!!

Brianna
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:57

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Way to go...

Congratulations on your success, Mike!

For me, reaching your starting weight will be an accomplishment, but as the days and weeks pass, my resolve and determination only grow stronger.

I totally intend to be posting here a year from now and hope to find myself and all of us in this club in the company of those who have lost more than 100lbs.

There is much support here and it seems we're free to discuss any and everything. You'll find this is a special group of people.

Continued success and good health!

Donald