Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Off to a good start (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=35092)

Mike Sat, Feb-23-02 09:12

Off to a good start

Woot! 15 pounds in the first 15 days! 10 on induction, and 5 off the induction. I'm expecting it to slow down now a bit, but I'm happy with the results!

Mike

wbahn Sun, Feb-24-02 02:47

Good for you! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Don't be too surprised if it not only slows down but you might actually gain some weight in the next week or two. Don't fret it. I lost 14 pounds the first week and gained 3 of it back the second. The third week I lost 5 and the fourth week I lost another 2. Right now it looks like the fifth week is going to come in somewhere in the 0 to 2 pound range as well.

But, hey, even at one pound a week I will be there in less than four years. I expect it to be a bit faster - I certainly hope it is. But I'll take it over staying where I'm at.

texas-newf Mon, Feb-25-02 09:27

Way to go Mike !!! Keep it up... There will be stalling periods as well, but as I've learned (The Hard way) you have to keep on going and believing in the diet. I hard lost faith and ate some nasty sweets and stuff and put on 4 lbs a few weeks ago but I am now back on track and realised that I dont ever want to do that again. It is a great feeling to lose pounds though. I've lost 36 lbs since Dec and Im into older,smaller pants and it feels wonderful !! I can't wait until I hit my mini goal of 50 lbs ! Im gonna burn an old pair of size 58 pants for a laugh !!

Good luck and keep it up !!
Craig

Natrushka Mon, Feb-25-02 09:33

WTG Mike!! Looks like you're off to a great start - coupled with a great attitude and a realistic outlook there's no stopping you. Keep it up :thup:

Nat

Mike Tue, Feb-26-02 12:25

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. It's definitely a great feeling when you can starting fitting into old clothes.

I'm feeling good and looking forward to a year from now.

Thanks again,

Mike

briannajoy Wed, Feb-27-02 11:53

Good job!!!

Mike,

I can certainly relate! Way to go!!!! :D :D :D

Getting through induction can be tough, but you did it!!

Be proud :D

It looks like we are of similar weight, with similar goals and at basically the same point in our diet, I was wondering, did you want to converse more via email or..? Just wondering, I was kinda looking for a "weight-loss buddy" to talk with often online.. Just a thought!

Let me know Mike! :)

At any rate Good Job !!!

:)

:)

Brianna

DWRolfe Wed, Feb-27-02 12:57

Way to go...

Congratulations on your success, Mike!

For me, reaching your starting weight will be an accomplishment, but as the days and weeks pass, my resolve and determination only grow stronger.

I totally intend to be posting here a year from now and hope to find myself and all of us in this club in the company of those who have lost more than 100lbs. :roll:

There is much support here and it seems we're free to discuss any and everything. You'll find this is a special group of people.

Continued success and good health!

Donald :wave: