Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Tape measure phenomenon

Have any of you noticed that the tape measure seems to only change on one area at a time...or is it just me? One would think that if you're losing weight, it would be evenly distributed all over your body, right? I lost in my waist and chest for a couple of weeks...with no change at all in my hips or thighs. Then I lost an inch in my hips and everything else stayed the same. I noticed this morning that my thighs are finally starting to budge but no changes elsewhere. It seems a little strange to me...but I take whatever changes I can get!

Tricia
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 11:53
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi Tricia,

I had to laugh..............recognize myself in your description.
I've lost nearly all fat on my back first, you girls who like tight tops know what I'm talking about LOL
Then I lost 4 inches in my waist.
Hips and the rest moving slowly in right direction....
Strange is the word, but It's great!
Conrats, Tricia! You're melting.......................
Alina
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 12:13

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

I lost my behind first (didn't have much to start with ) then I noticed my waist got smaller.. and finally I lost my chest! OMG! I just wish the inches would concentrate coming off my waist, that's where I need the most work! I haven't noticed anymore changes in my body, even though the scale has been dropping. I guess I'm finally losing over-all
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 12:13
Registered Member

Stats: 148/143.8/125
BF:
Progress: 18%

In two weeks induction, I lost 3-1/2".. 2" off my chest, just a little off my thighs and the rest in my hips...nothing off my waist yet.

I knew I was a little smaller because this morning I put on a bra I haven't worn for months!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 12:21

BF:

I did the bra thing too... what fun! Those things are sooooo expensive!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 13:01

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Yup, fat moves about in interesting ways. Check out this thread: How fat moves about

This is in the Best Of forum. Check it out... there are several great threads there.

P.S. Crimson.. I just said to a friend who's also on Atkins that losing WEIGHT is expensive. New pants, new bras... dammit!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 14:23

BF:

No, doubt Angela! I was telling my boyfriend that last night. My pants look like diapers now. It's awful.. but funny. I don't dare go shopping until I've reached a weight I'm happy with. I'm grateful that I hung on to a few "skinny" clothes so I can avoid a trip to the mall too soon.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 14:27

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:

It wouldn't work for bras and panties (ick!) but I'm buying a few odds and ends at thrift stores to get me through to my goal size. You have to dig a little but can usually find some decent stuff for a steal. It beats paying big bucks for clothes you hope not to wear for long (or wearing clothes that are falling off of you!).

Tricia
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 15:48

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:

I, too, seem to lose in all the wrong places! Why, if there is so much fat concentrated in my butt, does my waist shrink??? I've always had a small waist, so I definitely don't need to lose there. But, I do seem to be losing slowly in other areas, so that's just fine.

As far as the buying new clothes thing goes, I don't have to worry for a while I'm so bad that I have kept all of my clothes. I hate to throw things out, or get rid of them. I always tell myself, 'One day those will fit again'. Of course, now I have a closet packed half full of stuff I don't wear. But, soon enough I'll get back to those clothes. Then I'll get rid of the 'fat' clothes. I definitely don't want to fit into those anymore.