Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Tape measure phenomenon (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94679)

blatla Wed, Mar-26-03 11:45

Tape measure phenomenon

Have any of you noticed that the tape measure seems to only change on one area at a time...or is it just me? One would think that if you're losing weight, it would be evenly distributed all over your body, right? I lost in my waist and chest for a couple of weeks...with no change at all in my hips or thighs. Then I lost an inch in my hips and everything else stayed the same. I noticed this morning that my thighs are finally starting to budge but no changes elsewhere. It seems a little strange to me...but I take whatever changes I can get!

Tricia

Alina Wed, Mar-26-03 11:53

Hi Tricia,

I had to laugh..............recognize myself in your description.
I've lost nearly all fat on my back first, you girls who like tight tops know what I'm talking about LOL
Then I lost 4 inches in my waist.
Hips and the rest moving slowly in right direction.... :D
Strange is the word, but It's great!
Conrats, Tricia! You're melting.......................
Alina

Crimson Wed, Mar-26-03 12:13

I lost my behind first (didn't have much to start with :rolleyes: ) then I noticed my waist got smaller.. and finally I lost my chest! OMG! I just wish the inches would concentrate coming off my waist, that's where I need the most work! I haven't noticed anymore changes in my body, even though the scale has been dropping. I guess I'm finally losing over-all :hyper:

pbaxle1 Wed, Mar-26-03 12:13

In two weeks induction, I lost 3-1/2".. 2" off my chest, just a little off my thighs and the rest in my hips...nothing off my waist yet.

I knew I was a little smaller because this morning I put on a bra I haven't worn for months!

Crimson Wed, Mar-26-03 12:21

I did the bra thing too... what fun! Those things are sooooo expensive!

Skamito Wed, Mar-26-03 13:01

Yup, fat moves about in interesting ways. Check out this thread: How fat moves about

This is in the Best Of forum. Check it out... there are several great threads there. :)

P.S. Crimson.. I just said to a friend who's also on Atkins that losing WEIGHT is expensive. New pants, new bras... dammit! ;)

Crimson Wed, Mar-26-03 14:23

No, doubt Angela! I was telling my boyfriend that last night. My pants look like diapers now. It's awful.. but funny. I don't dare go shopping until I've reached a weight I'm happy with. I'm grateful that I hung on to a few "skinny" clothes so I can avoid a trip to the mall too soon.

blatla Wed, Mar-26-03 14:27

It wouldn't work for bras and panties (ick!) but I'm buying a few odds and ends at thrift stores to get me through to my goal size. You have to dig a little but can usually find some decent stuff for a steal. It beats paying big bucks for clothes you hope not to wear for long (or wearing clothes that are falling off of you!).

Tricia

Bleach Wed, Mar-26-03 15:48

I, too, seem to lose in all the wrong places! Why, if there is so much fat concentrated in my butt, does my waist shrink??? :confused: I've always had a small waist, so I definitely don't need to lose there. But, I do seem to be losing slowly in other areas, so that's just fine.

As far as the buying new clothes thing goes, I don't have to worry for a while ;) I'm so bad that I have kept all of my clothes. :blush: I hate to throw things out, or get rid of them. I always tell myself, 'One day those will fit again'. Of course, now I have a closet packed half full of stuff I don't wear. But, soon enough I'll get back to those clothes. Then I'll get rid of the 'fat' clothes. I definitely don't want to fit into those anymore. :thdown: