Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default what i ate today, and why i am stalling

what i ate:

8:00 1 boiled egg, half a low carb muffin with cream cheese

10:30 half an atkins bar

12:00 lc yogurt and a sprinking of atkins cereal, diet rite

2:00 2 pc cheddar

3:30 atkins bar (i try to keep these to a minmum but at 3 pm my blood sugar was below ground level)

5:00 other half of muffin and cream cheese

7:30 salad and diet rite

9:45 2 deviled eggs, atkins cereal and hood milk

11:00 diet rite with cream and 2 pc cheddar

ok, I ate after 9:30 pm, I said I wouldn't, but I didn't gorge myself at night like I always do, and I just hit 20g with the 11:00 snack. Also if you think I eat frequently, yeah, I do, but it's the only way I can keep my blood sugar somewhat level (does anyone think I could be pre-diabetic or something? it is REALLY hard to control!). anyway, I also pinpointed some things I need to change to get out of my stall: sodium, sugar alcohols, and eating too damn much.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282.6/273.1/225 Male 6' 3"
BF:34/33/17%
Progress: 16%

What kind of exercise are you doing and how much of it?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:49

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Also, it looks like most of your carbs are from processed foods. I didn't see any veggies in there at all. That could be it.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:53

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi,
I would suggest to eat more veggies and cut out some of the lc products. I eat the lc bars sometimes, but try to really limit my reliance on premade lc products.

Most of your diet consists of those products according to what you have posted up here.

Try to eat more real food like veggies and meats. If you get away from some of the lc premade products, you can have a lot more food too and get more bang for your carbs.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:58

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

Looks to me like you are eating too much processed food. Even though it is low carb, a lot of it is what I would call junk food. Lose the bars, muffins, and diet rite, and eat more veggies and meat. And make sure you get plenty of water.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 21:59

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:

Also, if you are practically living on these premade products, I have to wonder if that is why you can't get your sugar stabilized? One of the best things about Atkins for a most people is the stabilization of the blood sugar. Try more natural things and you will probably see it level out. If not, I'd go to the doctor and get a check up to see what's happening.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 22:10

Plan: RNY Gastric Bypass 2/1/10
Stats: 378/163/150 Female 5 ' 5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugzley
Also, if you are practically living on these premade products, I have to wonder if that is why you can't get your sugar stabilized? One of the best things about Atkins for a most people is the stabilization of the blood sugar. Try more natural things and you will probably see it level out. If not, I'd go to the doctor and get a check up to see what's happening.

I totally agree!!! Atkin's WOL was designed with diabetics and heart patients in mind and at the time it was concieved there were practically no lc products out there....I know because I was eating this way over 11 years ago...and let me tell you it was boring.....lol. Although it's nice that we have so much to chose from now you can't make those things the only things you eat. You need to eat more animal protiens and lots more veggies. I bet once you do that your blood sugar problems will disappear! Good luck!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 05:26

Stats: 260/213/199 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default atkins bars

Get rid of the Atkins bars- I am one of the people who gains weight on sugar alcohols, you may be too. There are 15-20 g of carbs in most of the bars, don't be fooled by the "net" carbs that don't include Maltitol.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 05:29
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I drink TONS of water...I agree I eat a little too many LC products, but I am on the go all day basically. I am at school from 9 to 3, and I work from 4 to 9, putting me away from my house and a proper fridge from 8 am to 9:30 pm. I have a little cooler, but it's hard to fit both lunch and dinner in there. When I am at home I never eat LC bars. I thought about celery ticks with cream cheese, but they are hard to tote around. They are messy. And I usually only have one or two diet rites per day. They don't have sodium, aspartame, or caffeine. They only thing in them that might be bad for LCing is the citric acid?
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 06:47

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

The bars/muffins and ;lack of veggies. You can't try to lose and be eating all this stuff. This is almost like my sis who tried to eat only meat and cheese. She was so stopped up! You still need to eat balanced...get your veggies and real meat and real cream...all that stuff is great and it helps so much. When I eat a bar I gain and get reall cravings for the real thing! And a Snickers will definetly kill your progress!
Plus there are things in real food that you just don;t get from processed foods...vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc. Veggies can help you look younger and feel better. Try some spinach! And good luck
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:02

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Kill the low-carb products, cook ahead in bulk, eat veggies until you turn green. Do all of those and I bet you money you'll begin losing again.

Best of luck!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 07:16

Stats: 265/222/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

blue4lemon,

I agree that it's hard to tote around celery sticks with cream cheese. Maybe you could keep some cut up veggies like celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in a ziplock and then carry a little container of ranch dip to dip them in. Try sprinkling some ground flax seed on your lc yogurt instead of the Atkins cereal. I find lc cereal stalls me out. I like it from time to time to break up the eggs, but it will stall me out if I eat it a couple of mornings in a row. Do you not eat meat at all? I don't see any meat on your list. Filling up on proteins like beef or chicken or fish, will definitely help keep you feeling full. Tuna salad takes no time to make and can be kept in the fridge for snacking. I especially love it over a bed of lettuce.

Best of luck to you!

Vicki B.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 08:49

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

Atkins is about eating REAL food, I see no vegetables, I see no water, you're eating WAY too much of the processed junk. If you tracked your food choices in www.fitday.com, you'd most likely find upwards of 75 carbs per day! Did you start with Induction? Did you read the book? I'd start there, you need to wean yourself off the carb processed junk. Just replacing junk food with low-carb versions of the same will not do it. I don't see any meat, I don't see any healthy fats (olive oil, etc.).

Check out the book, it has recipies, Induction foods, importance of water. You don't have a lot to lose, but if you're low-carbing for life, then you need to follow Atkins from beginning (Induction) to OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) to Maintenance. If you're just doing this as a quick fix to lose a few pounds, you may lose weight, but you'll gain it all back and more.

Also, are you exercising? This is key to losing the weight and keeping it off. It has to be lifetime commitment.

Best of luck!

LL
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 09:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/194.5/140 Female 5' 9
BF:too high i am sure
Progress: 50%

no veggies? i personally can't eat the low carb processed foods without a stall myself, especially the atkins bars, if i eat one, it stalls me for up to 5 days... i'd try taking those foods out and adding in lots of veggies, butter, olive oil, things like that... good luck to ya.. hugggs
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 09:22
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:

Gosh, aside from no veggies, you also have hardly any protien, just from the eggs and a tad here and there from the cheese. You really need to cut the processed and artificial sweetener stuff to a minimum and start focusing on more *whole* food choices.