Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 11:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%
Default I wonder if this has something to do with this WOE???

I have been dreaming very vividly and alot lately!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 11:28
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I have found that when my carbs get too low, I don't sleep as soundly and that can lead to more vivid dreams. I actually seem to sleep best when my carbs are around 30 a day -- when they get down to 20 or below it interferes with my sleep and I get grouchy.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 23:20

Wow because I have a hard time sleeping at night!!! sometimes I go 3 or 4 days on 8 or 9 hours of sleep...and it does get irritating!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 08:27
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

What carb level are you eating? You might want to try raising your carbs slightly (5 or 10 grams a day) to see if you start sleeping more soundly. For me, it is worth the trade-off of slightly slowing my weight loss. If I don't sleep 6 to 8 hours a night, I turn into a very unpleasant person to be around (even for myself).

I raised my carbs by adding in some cottage cheese and lowcarb fruit -- both healthy and things I had been missing.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 12:39

Quote:
Originally posted by liz175
What carb level are you eating? You might want to try raising your carbs slightly (5 or 10 grams a day) to see if you start sleeping more soundly. For me, it is worth the trade-off of slightly slowing my weight loss. If I don't sleep 6 to 8 hours a night, I turn into a very unpleasant person to be around (even for myself).

I raised my carbs by adding in some cottage cheese and lowcarb fruit -- both healthy and things I had been missing.

I try to stay around 25 or so a day...more some days than other...I eat berries and heavy whipping cream every once in a while and I feel like I am cheating...LOL!!!