Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 10:59

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Nutrisystem launches "Carb Answer" program

Too funny! I guess everyone is getting on the lower carb bandwagon. I couldnt get the email to copy into this, but if you go to

http://www.nutrisystem.com

and enter the promo code of "carb answer", it will send you to that program. I read a little of it and it sounds like they are promoting low glycemic index foods. LOL!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Here is some of the text from their site:

The NEW NutriSystem Glycemic Index Meal Plan

Are carbohydrates good or bad for you? Should you eliminate all carbs from your diet? Do "good carbs" really exist?

For years, people have been wondering about carbs and how they affect weight loss. At NutriSystem, we looked into this issue, and based on the most credible scientific research in weight loss and nutrition, concluded that yes, "good" carbs do exist, and that they are those which have low values on the Glycemic Index. They actually help you lose weight more effectively.

The Glycemic Index is recognized by the World Health Organization and it measures the quality of carbohydrates and their impact on your blood sugar levels. Carbohydrates that break down slowly, encouraging stable blood sugar levels, rate well or "low" on the Glycemic Index, versus those that rate higher because they break down too quickly and cause your insulin levels to spike and your body to store fat while also leaving you hungry soon after a meal. It's the difference between "good" carbs and "bad" carbs.

One can obtain the advantages of both the low-fat diet and the Atkins diet on a low-GI diet.

— David Ludwig, M.D., director of obesity programs at Children’s Hospital in Boston

Based on this information, we centered the new NutriSystem Nourish Program around these low glycemic, good carbs, plus we added optimal amounts of protein and fiber to our foods. It's the first prepared foods program that totally integrates low glycemic index carbohydrates into a meal plan that is also low in fat. It's the best of both worlds—low fat AND good carb—and this unique combination helps support stable blood sugar levels and keep you from feeling hungry while boosting your metabolism.

The new NutriSystem Nourish Program ends the low-carb, no-carb, good/bad-carb debate once and for all, and gives you the ultimate advantage of a balanced, low-glycemic diet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I guess they figured out if you can't beat them join them.