Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 17:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/125 Female 65.5
BF:
Progress:
Default help i am struggling with staying on the diet

I have been on this diet off and on for 3 years. I keep going back and forth and i have gained all the weight back that i have lost. My friends and family think i look fine but i do not feel like i look good enough. I don't know if this diet is meant for me or if I should try something else.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 17:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Smile Hi!!

On the right where it says "Quick Links" the first thing under there says "Which low carb plan is right for me", maybe you can click on that and compare plans. Do you know why you go off Atkins and regain? Perhaps you like yourself at your present weight, or you find the diet boring, and another one would better meet your needs. Myself, I like Atkins. Good luck!

#3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 17:44

Plan: just eating junk food!JK
Stats: ???/105/??? Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 100%

U definitely should try another plan!!! Although Atkins is very effective for a lot of people, sometimes its not for some! Its really not you, its the diet!!! The diet doesnt fit your needs! Perhaps you should try other plans (CAD, Protein Power etc.)which allows more option. Also, you should evaluate your motives. Why do you really wanna lose weight??? You should re-evaluate your purpose on why you really wanna do this.

PS. check out the link on the right side of this forum "which low-carb plan is right for me"
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 17:56

Plan: MD/SC
Stats: 220/184/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Welcome to the forum, angelmarie !

I am new to this site, but found lots of support, helpful tips and, most important, lots of inspiration.
The answer to your question is in the question itself. You said "I have been on this diet off and on for 3 years." That's probably why your weight keeps coming back. Once you reach your ideal weight, the mark that you are comfortable with, you'll have to learn to maintane it.

That's what happened to me a year ago - I was on Atkins, lost 20 or so pounds and got back to eating fries and candies. I gained everything back and then some. Now I am trying to give it a go again, and I realise that I'll never be able to eat like I used to, nor do I want to. This diet is a new way of eating for me now, hopefully forever.

I wish you the best of luck. Hope we can help each other on this quest for health.

Emma
P.S. It's also helpful to start your own journal and post your daily menus - other forum members might have great imput and tips.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 22:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

HI there in looking at your hieght in your profile, at 5-5 ? maybe your family is right? perhaps you should just try the maintanance for a while.
Good Luck, Kathy