Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 21:28
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic diet
Stats: 209/202/180
BF:18%
Progress: 24%
Unhappy People just dont believe in low carb diets

I have been swimming for 3 weeks now, almost every morning and started low carbing January 27th 2003.

By cutting out all dairy products and carbs i have been able to get ride of all the stomach bloating i add. My gut and lovehandles are almost gone has well.

So this morning i was in the sauna and this guy thats swims every morning comes in, he starts talking to me, he said, what kinda a diet are you on and what exercices do you do, its quit amazing how much fat you lost on your stomach.

I first told him that right now since i have a lower back injury i cant do very much in therm of training so swimming has about it, and a brisk walk with my dog when its not to cold outside.

So he ask me what kinda of diet i am on and what supplements do i take.

Well i got to go to breakfast with him and offered to explain everything in detail to him, and make sure he understand everything i said so he can benefit himself of low carbing.

So we get to the gym small cafeteria, he orders 2 brand muffin, 2 pieces of toast whole wheat nothing on them and a tall glass of orange juice.

I order 2 whole eggs and 3 slice of bacon, you should have seen the look on is face? what all that fat.

I told him that fat isnt evil and explained the whole concept of low carbing.

I just couldnt beleive it the guy saw how fast i got resutls and that low carbing works, he just didnt beleive in any of it.

He thank me but told me that its not for him and that he will stick with is high carb diet.

He told me that he has been training for 2 years now and has lost 10 pounds, i told him that with low carb he could have lost 50 pounds.

Its pertty sad that everytime i tell people that i am on low carb i get this is dangerous, be careful, its crap.

But the people see it works????????
Sponsored Links