Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/214/160
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default LC Favorites Shortage

Wow, seems like our way of life is catching on! Has anyone else noticed shortages of some LC products?

From my local health food shop to Netrition, LC Nexus, LC Connoisseur, LC Outlet, etc. I'm not finding various items like Cheeters Crackers and Grams Pork Rinds.

I wonder if production cannot keep up with demand? Oh for the days when these items along with so many other great LC products are in our local grocery stores...or is this a fantasy?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 20:37

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

My local health food store stocks a good deal of low-carb foods. Only the customers know when they get more stock in, so I've been told the lines will start. Almost wish I hadn't added it to our yellow book on this site - I know my fellow forum members have to be partaking! Our tortillas we've actually started to buy from the company itself.

My local grocery is getting more and more low-carb things in - it almost seems weekly.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 11:54

Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

The Albertsons stores in this area seem to have the best selection of LC products for a regular grocerty store. There is a LC specialty store that opened down the road from my work, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

I haven't noticed a shortage, but the LC aisle seems to be very popular these days. I always seem to get into a conversation with a fellow LC'er every time I stoll down that aisle.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 17:55

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Angry Rant - Low Carb Bars at Walmart

Anyone else have a hell of a time finding the chocolate Atkins Endulge, Carbolite and the Pure Delite bars?

I go to 2 different WalMarts. They're both ALWAYS out of stock. The shelves are always half empty, except for Carbolite Clusters and a bunch of other weird, or flavors I don't like. And it sucks because they're the cheapest. I would think they'd catch on by now and order MORE and stock up on more. I have to buy them online most of the time. Even the drugstores don't have the ones I like (all chocolate) They have the PB cups and the Carbolites, but I'm sick of those. =/
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 14:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Have you ranted at the WalMart buyers and store managers?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 14:55

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Initially ...no but now I find that the plain chocolate Carbolite bars are NEVER reordered. I quit buying them anyway because of the mailtol. Our health food store has them but they are twice the price.

Hershey's now has how sugar free bite size bars that are yummy!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 18:45

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

What day do you shop? I know when I go anytime on a Sunday or monay-everything is on low supply. if I go Wed-There is plenty.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-04-03, 12:26

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

IslandGirl- Yep! I have asked (I was nice about it lol) them if they're getting anymore, have any in the back or when they restock a few times before. They always say things like "Oh come back in a few days, we should have some more in by then" Go back a few days later.... still nothing. I gave up.

Daethian what are the sugar free Hersheys called? I never seen them or heard of them..

Angel66668..No day in particular, usually mornings though. But hmm maybe I'll try this Wednsday. I'll just call first so I don't waste my time lol.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:47

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I have a hard time finding the bars myself. I usually go to Safeway or Fry's(Kroger) and they are almost ALWAYS sold out except they usually have plenty of the yucky flavors....ew. I have not tried Walmart. That place is always a zoo so I doubt I would have much more luck! lol
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 04:23

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

There is a huge shortage. Though I can find stuff at my 2 local health food stores, the price is high. Albertsons is completely out of bars. Publix has 3 flavors of bars now (they have been down to two for a couple of months) and now has the shakes in stock (they were out of those.) Wlagreens has 2 or 3 flavors of bars and runs out of shakes all of the time. They use to have more as well.

I think the demand is very high right now since there was so much good publicity at the end of last year and the beginning of this year. I know I have personally inspired about 6 people who are now following a low carb plan. So imagine of everyone on this inpired that many people over the past 6 months. That would be 6 times the demand for everything low carb!

However, I am starting to see improvements. I couldn't find any bars at Publix and Walgreens for a long time (well, ok, they had those nasty almond brownie ones, but that was it!). I am also seeing low carb products from non low carb companies, such as the Nature's Own Reduce Carbohydrate Bread (by the way, its really good! 5gs but if you are low for the day it is nice to have.) I am personally hoping that after the shortage and with the higher demand, the prices for low carb fare with drop and more products will come out. I am an optimist and I really hope it happens!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 10:37
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Post I wonder

I wonder if the shortage is also because more and more places are carrying LC bars and such. I went into a 7-11 and there were LC bars! All chocolate ones but still. I was told by the woman who owns the Low Carb store in our area that Atkins is working on a white coating for some bars and is expected to introduce them at the end of May or June. Atkins company hasn't confirmed this to me yet. Have any of you seen or hear anything?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 12:13

BF:

There has been some lc protien bars with a white coating already - or are you talking a chocolate bar?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:54

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

Lately, when I go to a certain Walmart I go down the LC isle and it looks like a bunch of animals ransacked it. Like a bunch of hungry LC'ers went crazy and started piling Atkins Bars and shakes into their carts. Nothing but empty cartons. So I go to the other Walmart on the other side of town.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 10:36
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hi again

I was talking about the white coating on an Atkins Advantage bar.
You said you have seen them? Where?!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 10:39

BF:

Lets see (doing this from memory) Cookies and Cream, Praline Crunch both have a white coating - I think the cheesecake one has it too.