Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 18:09
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%
Default Better late than...

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself. I've been LCing for just under 7 months. I really had no expectations of how much I needed to loose but I just felt I needed to do something. The funny thing was it wasnt the weight gain that tipped me off it was the mood swings when I needed to eat, the sore joints and the inability to find clothing at my favorite stores. I had been fairly active as a child and through out college though I would not have called myself skinny. My problems started when I graduated college. Inactivity and bad eating habits became my WOL. When I started Atkins the goal I chose was 154. I remember feeling good about myself at that weight but I also was afraid if I saw those triple digits I might talk myself out of it. That's right I chickened out had set a goal that wouldn't send me into shock. But the thing is I did set a goal and I pretty much stuck to it since June 6th. So here I am 53 pounds later and I'm reassessing everything. I did move my goal down slightly and there is a very real possibility that I will do it again once I hit 150. I'm really not sure when ill get there but what I do know is that I'm really really happy that I found this WOE and this forum. I'm pretty sure both were a life saver.

Thanks for reading,
Gabrielle
Sponsored Links