Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:49
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default KISS Challenge 4/19 - 5/19

Hi Everyone-

I needed to kickstart my weight loss so I have decided to KISS it for one month. I am looking for some poor souls...I mean friends ...to join me so we can support each other along the way.

If you don't know what KISS is...here is the link: KISSing It...

We are going to start Monday...even if you only want to do it for a week, or two weeks, or whatever...please come along for the ride!

~Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/290/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb I Would Love To Join

I would love to join your KISSit plan for a month. Just would like more info on what you can and can't eat. I really need something to kick-start my weight loss plan as well. Look forward to hearing from you
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:58
Reinventing Myself

BF:

Hi Jen, Just click on the link above and it will give you all the information...let me know if you can't get it to work...
~Michelle
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 11:01

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Michelle,

I'm here, as you already know I have started KISSing, I sort of started on Monday but since Tuesday have been 100%. Since I weighed on Sunday, I have already lost a little over 2 pounds.

I will post here everyday, can't wait for you to start on Monday, maybe by then there will be a ton of us wanting to KISS.

Will catch you later, everyone have a wonderful day.

Carol
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 11:48

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Count me in
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 13:42

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Jennifer and Demi,

Welcome, Michelle isn't going to start until next Monday, I had already started this past Monday and the gal who started the forum changed her mind.

We can post our stats each day if you want to weigh in each day or once a week, just do a copy and paste:

......................start weight.............Goal.....................Current

Patnaude12..........138.0..................128.0....................135. 8

Carol
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 13:28
Determined2bSlim

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:35.1/no idea/20
Progress: 53%
Default Can I join?

I know I am a bit late but I'd like to join for the rest of the month.. I am going to start on Monday..I have to use up the unauthorized foods first like cream cheese and whipped cream....yummy...lol
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 13:51
Reinventing Myself

BF:

Welcome Tammi!!

Monday is our weigh in day, so instead of giving us your 1st week's weight, you can just give us the starting weight

~Michelle
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 08:34
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

Hi!

I would like to join too please ... i have never KISS'ed before and it looks OK although I think that I am going to miss dairy the most!!!

Will post my stats tomorrow - and I will keep a daily food log here as well ... I find that this really helps to keep me on track!!!

Lindy
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 09:00
Keto-licious

Excellent ... have just looked in the freezer and there are a load of food-stuffs that I can use to have a full KISS menu for the coming week.

I might post a menu for next week as I really need to be organised, I am a sucker for getting distracted!!!

Is it OK to have garlic/chilli powder on KISS? I can add this to meats etc to give them a much needed zing!!!!

Thanks - Lindyxx

PS - it is also great to meet new folks on the forum!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 09:03
Reinventing Myself

BF:

I am going to be exercising while KISSing too...just 30 min cardio each day, but it is something ...

LC seasonings are fine Lindy I am going to be posting my menu each day too...keep me accountable and get feedback. If anyone has any good recipes feel free to post them here. I have one I am going to try, I will post later for pork chops.

It IS great to meet new people - I love it!!

~Michelle
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 09:31
Keto-licious

OK, have just compiled a food menu that I will follow for next week - this is based on food that I already have in the fridge/freezer/store cupboard:

Monday

brekkie: small tin of tuna (in oil which I will drain) with sweetcorn, a chopped spring onion and 3 chopped cherry tomatoes.
lunch: 2 pork chops with green salad and tomato
dinner: steak with brocolli and spinach

Tuesday

brekkie: 2 warm hard boiled eggs mashed with a chopped spring onion and a teaspoon of butter
lunch: 1 chicken breast with green salad and tomato
dinner: roast pork with cabbage and roasted peppers

Wednesday

brekkie: as Monday
lunch: left over roast pork with salad
dinner: lamb chops with brocolli and roasted peppers

Thursday

brekkie: as Tuesday
lunch: 2 pork chops with cabbage
dinner: prawn cocktail on green salad (as a starter, will use about 2 teaspoons of mayo in the dressing), then chicken breasts with roasted peppers and turnip

Friday

brekkie: as Monday
lunch: as Tuesday's breakfast
dinner: lamb chops with brocolli and cauliflower

The guy that I live with also follows a low-carb'ish WOE, so he wont whinge about the menu ... although he will probably bulk up with cheese and nuts which i will steer clear of (they are not really temptations to me - although will instruct Peter NOT to bring any wine into the house - that would be carb carnage!!!) ...

I will drop in everyday to log the days food/vent/get any temptations off my chest ... I love starting challenges as they are a good way for me to stay motivated ... especially when others are really enthusiastic too!!!

Will also drink 3-4 litres of water and do a daily ketosis check!!!

Lindyx
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:45
Keto-licious

Hi guys!!!

Demi - your menu sounds gorgeous!!! Sorry about the extra weight - although will go in your journal next to see what is happening ...

Well, it is the first morning of KISS for me ... had my breakfast around 10 am'ish (tuna, spring onion, sweetcorn and cherry tomatoes) and will have my lunch around 2'ish although dont feel remotely hungry yet!!!

Stepped on the scales and I have been visited by the evil twin sister of the whoosh fairy and have put on 8 pounds ... overnight!!! ... I think it is a combination of drinking too much cider (I cant help it, it is the Wurzel in me!) and TOM looming ... anyways ... I now weigh 208 ... like Demi says ... onwards and downwards ... although with the best will in the worl I dont think I can hit my F1 target challenge for next Sunday!!! But hopefully I can play catch-up during this next month!!!

Drinking my water!!! Will aim to have drunk 4 litres of water by the end of the day ... I find it easy to drink heaps of water if it is carbonated ... although with 4 litres the gas is spectaular and I can give out buffalo-like mating calls if I am not careful!!!

Anyways! too much imformation I suspect!!!

Looking forward to seeing how everyone is getting on!!!

Lindyx
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 08:04

Plan: VLC/ZC
Stats: 238.6/234.6/150 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up

Ok, so I started a journal page today. I'll be keeping all of my meal info there. I'll come here for my wooohooos and yeehas though.
Are we posting weight once a week? On the 26th I'll assume.
I'd love to see 195 again SOON! I've seen it once before, though only briefly. I tend to always goal in 5lb increments. Easier to read on the scale. LOL
GL ladies! I know we'll all shed some pounds.

=)
Cori
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 08:57
Keto-licious

Couldnt face the thought of pork chops for lunch, so instead I had 2 hard boiled eggs ....

Am looking forward to my steak tonight though ... Peter came home with a load of nice veggies, so I will use the fresh before going into my veggie stash in the freezer!!!

Hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their first day of KISS ....

Lindy