Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 01:58
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 176/167/159
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question Plateau during Induction - Should I proceed?

Hi all. I have been doing indunction for 2 and-a-half weeks and I have lost around 4kg. However, it seems that I am not loosing any weight anymore. What do you guys suggest? Should I proceed to Phase 2 or stay on Indunction for a bit longer?

I've dropped aspartame, tee, coffee from my list, I drink a lot of water, I eat exactly what is written in the book and make long walks at least 2/3x a week.

Thanks,

Massimo

PS: How many gramms are 1 cup? 100g or 250g? Here in Europe we don't use those measurements .. thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 05:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, Massimo! Congrats on making the switch to a healthier lifestyle!

As for the measurements...I have no idea! Sorry!

Are you noticing a change in the way your clothes fit? Any looser? Since you don't have much to lose, it may take a little longer for the scale to move. But hang in there! If I were you (and this is just my opinion) I'd keep up the Induction for a little while longer.

You're doing great!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 07:57

Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default conversions

Hi,
There's 8 ounces in a cup, and 1 ounce is 28.35 grams, so one cup is 226.8 grams. For future reference, 1 gram is 0.03 ounces.
Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:25

Stats: 171/157/149
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default stall

I know how you feel, I have been stuck at 159 for about a week now.

I am planning on staying on Induction for another week or two and upping my exercise to 5 days a week with alot more cardio. My weight is staying the same but I have noticed that the flab is going down. I just started rowing 2-3 times a week and I think some of the fat is going to muscle

Hang in there! If you are like me it took a few years to put on the weight, so it takes more than 2 weeks to take it off.

steve
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:55

Stats: 220/191/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

It's very normal for the body to take a rest after induction. It needs some time to adjust.

Many of us went 2 or 3 weeks after induction without any weight loss. Don't worry. Just hang in there!

L-J
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 176/167/159
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello

By "Hanging in there" do you mean .. to stay in Phase 1 or what do you mean?

Thanks

Massimo
http://www.face-pic.com/massimo_switzerland
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 10:38
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Hi Massimo,

try using this converter.
But don't make bread!!!
I live in Germany and it's been working all right!
I'm sorry that I have to run now, but I'll be back tomorrow. Shortly - I think you should give induction a week more, BUT your progress is great by any measures. Just look at your stats and be proud!
If you want to "talk" to me, visit my journal, the yellow icon below.
Best of luck, hope to see you again.
Saw you are Star trek fan - live long and prosper!
Picard out

Last edited by Alina : Sat, May-10-03 at 10:44.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 10:51

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

If you're happy with what you're eating on induction, you can stay there for another week or two, but it's quite normal for weight loss to pause for a few weeks after induction, especially if you have lost a fair amount during that two week period (and it looks like you have).
If you feel that you aren't happy with what you're eating, moving on to ongoing weight loss would mean adding only 5 grams of carb to your daily allowance, using more vegetables first, and they staying at that level for another week or two.
The goal here isn't to lose weight fast, but to lose it in a healthy manner all the time increasing your carbs until you find out what the level of carbs is that you can consume and still lose as well as figuring out what your body can and can't tolerate within the allowed foods.
It's up to you whether or not you want to proceed to the next level, but don't stay on induction for too long hoping that the quick weight loss will continue. That often backfires on people and they only begin to lose again once the carb level is increased a bit.
Good luck!