Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 04:02

Plan: my own lc
Stats: 211/155/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Protein Power Pals-Friday April 30th

Good morning everyone Welcome to all

Ok-so I am up-but at a decent hour this morning- 5 am. What a great time to go walking-BUT-it is 30 degrees outside and the wind is blowing-so I am going to sit here with my cup of coffe instead.

I am so excited-made my goal this month!! 160 !! Ate pretty well all month-had a couple (well, several ) days of overeating calories but stayed lc. DH came up to me yesterday afternoon to show me something. He has had a hernia ever since we got married (long time ago-19+years) but has always said that it doesnt bother him and will take care of it someday. Well, now that he has lost weight, for the first time you can see it. Before, it was always the same size as his tummy. Now, he says, maybe he will call dr and schedule an appt to take care of problem. Hurray!!

Heard my three year old DD tell her friend yesterday on the way to preschool that her mommy doesnt eat sugar anymore. Pretty amazing that a three year old can pick up on this stuff already. Thirteen year old DD has already had friends tell her she is fat. She is 5'5" and weighs 121 pounds. She is all muscle and long legs. She is on the volleyball team, basketball team, and track. But because she doesnt weigh 90 lbs soaking wet, they give her a hard time. I explained healthy weight to her and explained that she eats great and looks great and to ignore the other girls. Isnt it sad what society sets as an unrealistic unattainable goal for teenage girls to look like.

Well, going to surf-will check back in after a while.
Love, Carrie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 07:05
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

WTG CARRIE!

Have a great Friday y'all! I have a super busy day today.. so won't be around til evening!

I put a new 'progress pic in my gallery.. the one we took last sunday when we were looking at campsites on the lake
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 07:18

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%
Thumbs up

Good morning everyone! Well, our snow is all melted and the weather is suppost to turn warm again! Yay, lets hear it for spring! I've got some plants and flowers I need to get planted.

Carrie - that's awful that kids are giving your daughter a hard time. It doesn't take long to make girls ashamed of their bodies. Good eating habits learned young can make a difference. I was chubby growing up, but I was lucky that I wasn't ever teased about it. Even as an adult, I have never been treated badly about my weight. I'm very lucky. Soon there won't be a weight problem for me! Yay! Congratulations on meeting your goal this month!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:00

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Carrie, good for you, hope your DD takes your words to heart.

I am Puff Mama today, I am bloaty from the cortisone injections I got for my hip bursitis. Think Michelin Man:
Food today so far is flaxseed pancakes and a half of a low carb protein bar.Lunch will be chicken and salad and some jello and strawberries with a little real whipped cream.

Hi to everyone
Elaine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 10:20

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi all,
I'm still alive, just busy.

LOL re: Bawdy's comment about me hopping on one foot down the trail. (For Newbies - I recently broke a toe hiking) Miss your humor Bawdy, hope you will share more of it.

Elaine: not had any experience with short term disability - all of mine was via victim witness compensation because of how I got the injuries. I know workman's comp often only approves cases from week to week - you may want to ask the insurance co. if that is what is going on.

Dawn:
Love the new pic. You are looking great

Shelly:
So good to see you back

Hi to everyone else - I've got to run. Going to see my parents this wekend and have a million things to do.

BTW, my weight is down to 170 today! Don't know what has caused the drop (about .5 lbs a day!) as I am eating about the same as usual - maybe the additional muscle mass from the 33 mile hike? I have been walking about 2 to 3 miles every other day again since the swelliing in my toe has gone down.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 11:25

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning everybody. boy we are busy this morning, see carrie, told you if you started it people would post...hehe

dawn-- looking good. it is always fun to see what people look like. maybe we should have a post a pic of yourself day so we can see what we all look like.

carrie--you inspired me yesterday with your dinner. last night i went to the store and got some good serloins and we had grilled steak, salad, and strawberries with whipped cream. yummmm.

orang--good to see you are doing good. have fun with your parents.

elaine-- i forgot about to flaxseed pancakes. i will have to see where i hid the recipe!! i also got some chocolate whey protein power the other day and now have to dig up orang's brownie recipe.

i need to get going. i have to clean the house today, haveing some folks over tomorrow for a candlelite party. (and it is an off week for the cleaning lady...)

will check in again later

hi to all!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 12:09

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good late morning Having some serious hormonal issues this week It is too early for TOM but having just stopped the pills who knows. Having alot of pain in the ovary area, like the pain caused by ovulation, extreme breast tenderness, and horrible mood swings.. I have been trying to exercise it out and it helps but now my body is very sore and achy.

Yesterdays menu:

B - 1 serving morning starts blueberry cereal, 3/4 cup CCD milk, 2 cups coffee w/CCD milk (ran out of H&H)

S - handful pumpkin seeds

15 minutes of torture (AB class...exceptionally hard)

L - Salad - 2-3 cups mixed greens, 3 oz grilled chicken strips, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, bacon bits, almond accents, 6 grape tomatos, light blasamic dressing

S - 1/2 apple w/2 TBS SF chunky Peanut Butter

Gym - 55 min elliptical machine, 5.3 miles 586 calories burned

D - Chicken Club Salad from JITB, used almond accents and crutons, light blasamic dressing

Dessert - 6 stawberries sliced w/4 oz dannon lite & fit yogurt

You would think the weight would be falling off but no such luck. Even with all the abs my belly is bloated and distended...maybe from the hormone issues..who knows.

Eight - Way to go on making your goal!! I have a 13 yr old DD, totally understand where you are coming from. It is such a difficult age.

Dawn - Great pics!

Song - Can't even imagine snow... We are already in triple digits and will most likely remain there until next fall.

Michelin Man - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Orang - Good to see you post! WTG on 170!!!!!! That is so awesome!!

Michele - I love candlelite! They are pricey but have some really cool stuff.

Shelly - Sounds like you are up to your ears in cows

to everyone
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 16:06

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

oops, i just posted a reply on yesterday's thread...
Quote:
i found a pic of myself. lets see if i can post it...

edited to say....i couldn't just put it here in the post, but i could attach it. my hair is longer now, but i think i still look the same otherwise.
Attached Images face.JPG (10.7 KB, 0 views)

gosh... i don't think i will ever get the hang of these picture things.
picture of me
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang, I got the disability comp straightened out. Yippee!!!