Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/271/225 Male 75"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Has anyone used Pantethine?

Just started using Pantethine yesterday and am noticing a laxative effect, which is not all that umpleasant right now.
Does anyone have a similar experience? I'm taking 1 300 MG softgel with meals three times daily as directed by, well, the Atkin's Book.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 09:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/174/168
BF:17.4%
Progress: 50%

Hi Im taking Mega pantethine -450mgs.
The instructions on the bottle say
one softgel daily after a meal.
I'd say if you are doing 300x3 thats 900 mgs
which is double what my directions are...perhaps thats why you have a loose stool. My bowels are like cement so i stepped up Flaxseed oil,and borrage oil.
Richard
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 05:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/271/225 Male 75"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Aisha,

Thanks for the reply. Since I originally posted, things have smoothed out to a little more normal on the same dose. I referenced Atkin's book whose dosage spoke about taking between 900 and 1500 mg daily, so I figured one with each meal.
My bottle (Jarrow formulas) says to take one to 3 softgels per day with meals. I'm going to continue with this dose until my next blood test in a few weeks to see if the supplement helps drop that bad cholesterol reading. I'll let you know if I have any success. I better. The stuff isn't cheap. Take Care.