Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 21:06

Plan: none yet
Stats: 189/189/177
BF:
Progress:
Question New to the Low Carb Scene

Hello from TX! I am new to this...and have just started doing some research on Atkins, Ketogenics, BodyOpus, etc.

I am a 36 year old male, 5'10" and want to lose about 15 lbs. I am currently around 192 and want to get to about 177lbs. I used to work out alot and was in great shape (2yrs ago).

I just starting my workouts again and wanted to know if low-carb is a good way to go to lose the last 15lbs or so? Is it hard to follow a certain plan over another (i.e., Atkins vs. BodyOpus vs. Ketogenics) or are they about the same? Any advice to a new guy looking to get in great shape would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

FYI--my email is txbizman99~yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 22:31

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

If I were you I would check out the Exercise/CKD Forum.

Trainerdan had some good articles/posts re CKD. I bet he could answer quite a few of your questions once you've read what he has already written.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 12:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hello Houston!!

Welcome here!! Low-carbing is the best way to lose weight and get into shape. Im a 37 yr old female and Im in better shape now than I was at 21. I have so much more muscle definition by just doing aerobics and toning exercises. Eating high-protein low carbs will actually build muscle. As for the best plans its more of an individual thing as to what one suits your needs best.