Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:30
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 197/188/155
BF:22 %
Progress: 21%
Default first time in the booth

after two months, i cheated only twice.
and then came this week.
i have eaten burgers with friesandwith the bun.
i lostweight during induction, but not an ounce since. i even gained back a pound or two.
i got sick and depressed.
i am going to eat whatever i want for the next few days and go back on an induction after sunday. my hubby's 40th birthday party.
i want cake, but mostly i want ice cream.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:24
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Before you eat another carb, be forewarned that going back and forth between a low-carb and high-carb eating plan can make it more and more difficult for LC to be effective.

My suggestion would be to stay as low carb as possible until you are ready to start again. The best possible solution is to start back to very low carbs right now and, if you must, allow yourself to indulge just a little on your DH's birthday.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 08:11
Registered Member

i don't know. one of the other monitors said your body adjusts to changes and sometimes needs to be woken up.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 08:25
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

OK! Well, good luck to ya!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 08:31
Registered Member

i think i'm just losing some of the patient persistence ...

like i said, i did just fine during induction, haven't cheated much at all and have seen no results. and i've looked around andthere seem to be alot of people here like that. i think i'm just getting disenchanted with the whole program.

i will be tiny piece of cake.

like at the chinese buffet. they slice them so small, they are more like petite fours. and the chinese women are just as small.

thanks for the encouragement. i am not giving up.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Default Hi Venda

Hi Venda! You sound so discouraged but you have done marvelously on this WOL! It sounds like you might be dealing with cravings. You might benefit from some supplements or changes in your plan. Sounds to me like your cravings are just running crazy. Are you eating enough? Sometimes if your diet is too low cal you will start craving like crazy. I would do a search here under "craving" and see about making some adjustments. In the meantime, understand that we have all been there! Finding some good advice might help the cravings decrease and help you get back on track! Cindi