View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 16:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Unhappy Nine weeks

First off, good for you for giving this a try. My guess is since you cut all the stuff that people say stalls them you have also been religious about counting those carbs.
I have been frustrated myself and comparing this span of time to other times when I lost this much weight and much quicker by counting calories and exercising, but I gained it back and thats why I am doing this Atkins thing!
If you had just cut calories and burned an extra 500 calories a day you would have lost the little amount you want to by now.
My bet is the three pounds during induction was water weight and thats why you gained it back.
I read the book and looked on his webpage and he says to stay on induction for as long as you want to lose the weight. He also says that some people are so resistant they need to stay under 15 carbs a day to burn anything.
He also asks:
Are you taking any medication?
Do you have a thyroid problem?

Those are the basic questions.
You have so little to lose I think just more exercise and restricting carbs/calories could get you there by the time you want to be ! This Atkins is not a speed diet unless you are extremely overweight and/or a man.
There is plenty of hope out there for you because you had the strength to go NINE WEEKS