View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 21:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/196/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Now I Weigh a Little, Used to Weigh A Lot But I'm Still Bethy From The Block...

Well, I just returned from a 3 week vacation to the West coast visiting family and friends and what a high that was! Having neglected to mention over the phone and via e-mails the 60+ pounds I have dropped over the last year, all of my near and dear were literally shocked and awed by my transformation and very vocal about the postive changes in my shape and atittude.

As a woman who has spent way too much time as the fat girl occasionaly forgotten in many social situations, the attention and praise were most uplifting. Before this lifestyle change I did not like to hear compliments and felt uncomfortable when others commented (even postively) on my physical appearence. Usually, I negated compliments with a self deprecating wisecrack or quickly changed the subject in order to avoid acknowledgment. This time, however, I listened and responded with grace. I was able to appreciate and honor the spirit in which such kind words were given.

While I did eat, drink and get merry while on holiday, I have already resumed my regular low carb WOE motivated by such a positive boost to my at times well hidden but all too present underdeveloped self esteem.
Sponsored Links