View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205.5/169/138 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:50+/33/28
Progress: 54%
Default tips for 53 year old with joint pain?

After nine months on Atkins and 35 pounds gone, I've been working my way back to exercise, not yet successfully. I'm 53, and have chronic pain in my knees, one hip, elbows, and heels. Atkins helped all that enormously, though the knee pain never goes away completely. Instead of detailing all the things I've tried and which ones work better and less well, what I'd like is to know if anyone knows of a thread that addresses BFL adaptation for someone who may need to ease into it. The bursitis thread helped a bit, for example.

I have looked around quite a bit since I discovered the BFL information yesterday, but I have not succeeded in finding this particular kind of information related to age and joint pain. I ordered the book today, after finding that all the copies in our public library are checked out, so it will still be several days before I can find out what the main authority suggests. I'm interested in using these days to continue to get ready to undertake something that will work for strength, stamina, firming, and further slimming. Any suggestions for good threads or good resources online? I appreciate it!
Sponsored Links