View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 22:42

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

***I posted this in another thread, but Im going to post it here as well***

Im on Depo as well.. Since I started on it when I was 17 I pretty much have been consistently gaining weight..

I was off of it for a period of two years, and the end of that two years I decided to exercise my ass off and i lost a bunch of weight.. then of course I met my current boyfriend (of 3 years now) and well, I went back on it because of the convenience..

I dont get my period, which is just amazing, especially since they used to last 9 days or so...
and I HATED taking the pill.. either I Would forget, or if I didnt forget, taking the pill after awhile would just make me gag.. it would feel like it got stuck in my throat and i would just about gag all damn day.... so.. Id love an alternative to Depo, but there arent any others out there that are such low maintenance.. I can handle the slow weight loss that Im experiencing now with LCing, as long as Im losing weight... so.. yeah, Depo definitely slows weight loss and increases chances of weight gain for a lot of people... let me know if you find any alternatives that arent pills!!