View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 07:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/191/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Plateau? Stall? Which??

I’m hoping one of you LC mavens can give me some insight.

I started Atkins Jan 6, 03. I lost 11 pounds during induction, and then hovered there for a while. I’ve added only a few things since induction and keep my net carbs between 20-25. What did I add? More veggies, raw almonds and raspberries. About 20 almonds a day, and only ¼ cup raspberries. (Oh, and within the last week or so, I’ve added ½ cup plain yogurt, to eat with my raspberries, and the smaller La Tortilla.) Now there is some discrepancy between Fitday and Atkins with regards to the amount of carbs/fiber in almonds. Who do I believe? Since I’m using Fitday, I’m going with their numbers.

After the post Induction lull I lost another 9 pounds. Up until 4 weeks ago I had lost 20 pounds and 11 inches. (At least. I only measured my bust, upper arms and waist to start. I couldn’t stand to see what the hip measurement was!) The last 3 of those 9 pounds were lost during TOM nearly four weeks ago. Actually, exactly four weeks ago! Since then – NOTHING!!! No weight, no inches. Just the constant 2-3 pound water fluxuation. (Yes, I weigh myself everyday, but only record the weekly average)

Well, I’ve tweaked, I’ve sighed and I’ve groaned, but to no avail. I’ve upped my water from 72 oz to 96 oz. Nothing. I cut out the almonds for a week. Nothing. I cut out raspberries for a week. Nothing. I started using Stevia instead of Splenda. Nothing. I’ve upped my fat and calories. Nothing. AAAHHHHH!!! Fortunately, I’m a very patient person, but I’m wondering. Have I just reached a plateau, or is this a stall? Is there really a difference? How do you know?

So, what’s the deal? I don’t think I’m metabolically resistant. I checked the little chart in the book, and comparing what I lost during Induction to that, I’m actually pretty good.

There may be a case of Candida. I did the test and my score is low, it about 6 points into the “there is a chance to you have it range.” I’m taking acidophilus, and a series of grapefruit seed, garlic and olive leaf. But I’ve been doing that for about 2 months now and I’m cutting back to just the acidophilus.

Here is an example of a typical day.

Fat 65% -70% / Carbs 5% / Protein 25 - 30% (As of today, I’m upping my fat a little)
Calories – Anywhere from 1500-2000 per day.
Menu –
Breakfast:
-1 cup decaf coffee (I drank reg during Induction and still lost)
- 2 oz half & half (I'm changing to heavy cream) and sweetened with Stevia
-½ cup plain SF yogurt mixed with ¼ raspberries sweetened with Stevia
-Throughout the day – 20 almonds

Lunch:
- La Tortilla (small) as a wrap
- 2 xLarge eggs fried in butter
- I cubic inch of Mozzarella melted on top
- 4 strips SF bacon

Dinner:
- 3 cups salad (leaf lettuce/cucumber/ celery)
- 1-1½ cups of broccoli or green beans
- 5 oz Steak/Chicken/Pork
- SF Jell-O w/ whipped cream sweetened with Stevia (not every night)

Here’s the irony. I cheated a few times during the first 3 months, and still lost weight. Other than a few glasses of red wine last weekend, I have not cheated AT ALL in the last 4 weeks!

So back to my original question. Stall? Plateau? Any way of even knowing? I plan to stay the course, because I feel so much better since beginning this woe. However, I started it to LOSE WEIGHT!! Why am I not losing?? Will I drop another 2 or 3 pounds during TOM this month?? I HATE not knowing the answers to questions! If there is something I don’t know, and if I really want to know, I’ll research. Well, research hasn’t answered my questions, so either THERE ARE NO ANSWERS or someone here has the answer locked away in their brain. I sure hope it’s the latter! My obsessive personality is becoming dominant here!

WHEW! The rant is complete. Thanks for listening. I’ve needed to get that off my chest for a few days now.

You guys are the best.

Lolli
Sponsored Links