View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 03:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/197/145 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 0%

I can totally relate to how you're feeling. My gf has been doing this for almost 2 years and I've witnessed how well it works and she kept trying to get me to try it. Three yrs ago, I lost 35 lbs when my ex left-i cut way down on my portions and did alot of walking-no more soda or junk and it worked. however, once I got back in my comfortable life, it came back because i went back to my old way of eating. She has been on me for about a year now and in my mind, I couldn't live w/o pasta, potatoes and all that wonderful stuff. Well, Feb. 2003 I decided to give it a try-I gave up all that stuff and ya know what, I don't even miss it. I still have my can of beer or whatever when I want it but I'm pretty good at being true. I try not to look at it as a diet and I don't deprive myself if I really want something-just make better choices when I want something. True, the weight is alittle slower sometimes but total so far is 16 lbs and I'm happy. So, give it a try-you might be surprised how well you adapt to it.
Good luck