View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 11:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I have to relate to your post in that it took me almost two weeks to fully commit to this way of eating. During those two weeks (when I was kinda trying out the induction phase), I had to try out the low carb dessert recipes, along with the Pure De-Lite Bars and other low carb "junk food" that is available...just to make sure I could actually stick with the plan.

You see, its not that I felt I couldn't do the plan...I just knew that at some point I would want a sweet or something and would blow it. I had to know that I could fully commit and yet really not have to fight with myself over things I am not supposed to eat.

The first thing I tried was the EAS low carb bars and barf...I thought if this is what I have to eat for something sweet, forget it. I'm glad I persisted because now I am so relaxed about everything. I know if we go out to a resteraunt and everyone is having dessert, I'll be okay...because I can either pull an Atkins Endulge bar out of my purse and be in heaven, or I can go home and eat a slice of low carb cheesecake, or chocolate mousse or whatever. If I really, really have to drink something other than water...I can drink dite rite cola or red raspberry dite rite, or whatever I can find that is sweetened with Splenda.

Funny, but trying these products (and I usually HATE anything fake) made all the difference for me. I rarely eat treats now...but I know if I really want one, I can have it and won't be blowing my diet.

I hope this helps!!!!

L

P.S. Its true that after the first week or so, you really do stop craving certain foods.