View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 10:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I'm a little bit different from you in that I have done Atkins before a few years ago (between babies)...but I just jumped in head first this time and didn't look back. I decided on a Saturday night that I was going to start Sunday morning. I told myself that I would commit to the two week induction without ANY cheating...and reward myself with ONE thin mint (Girl Scout cookie...4g carbs) at the end of the two weeks. Well...by the time the two weeks were up, I didn't even WANT that cookie...so I skipped it and kept right on going. I've been eating this way since the beginning of February and have only "cheated" twice...then got right back with the program. I have found lots of sweet treats that are allowed (check the recipe section of the forums...AFTER induction) so if I really need something after I put the kids to bed, I have a good alternative to the sugar-filled treats I used to have. I don't feel at all deprived.

So jump on in and give it a go...but you DO have to really make a committment to get through induction. It can be a rough few days of detox. Good luck!

Tricia