View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 10:06

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Me too!!!

I love food. I am not an emotional eater and I am not a dieter. Like you I researched this diet for a couple of years. The more I heard about it the more I thought I would try it. All of my favorite foods are included in it. With a family history of diabetes and my symptoms of hypglycemia lead me to the Atkins WOE. Then after hearing that this diet beat the American Heart Association made be decide to dive into it. Limiting my food choices provides me with better food choices. I had such a refreshing breakfast this morning. I had one scrambled egg, 1/2 cup strawberries sprinkled with a tbsp. wheat germ and a little cream ( my bowl of cereal replacement ). You can still have cheese cake, mac & cheese, when prepared with the low carb mentality. For lunch I will have left over chicken with melted colby jack cheese. I think I will limit the remaining carbs to my dinner plate tonight. Since, doing this diet, I have lost 19 lbs. I have 7 more lbs to go before reaching my summer goal of 135 lbs.

When I decided to participate, I filled my fridge with many veggies, dairy products, eggs. I began looking for low carb products such as bread and cereal,jams. I made many discoveries as to what is out there. I have expanded my grocery stores. I used to never go into the Whole Foods Market or Trader Joes. I go into these markets now and have made many educational discoveries. I am willing to bet that I will never become diabetic.

I also desire to reduce my desire for sweets. I drink sparkling water instead of regular water. I also take supplements.

Black57

Black57