View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 10:03

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

HI there,

My opinion...maybe you should look around at other low-carb diets? I did the Zone eight years ago, lost 35 lbs., and kept it off. In my opinion, it is quite a bit easier to commit yourself to. More about portion sizes and balancing your meals (and keeping calories to a certain amount based on your weight/lean body mass). I was just as unhungry on the Zone as I am on Atkins, and found it pretty easy, once a few weeks went by and I was used to it.

Have stayed pretty much on the Zone ever since, though I slacked off recently. I work out a lot, which has kept me from gaining, but staying on it somewhat has really been what kept me from gaining. (meaning, no hamburger buns, pasta only in the smallest amounts, etc. ) Am only doing Atkins as a way of kickstarting, and reevaluating my eating habits. Thought that perhaps getting rid of white foods would be a good way to go forward.

I wish you luck, and don't give up. Low-carb really does work, but I'm sure it will work better when you can commit for the long term.