View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 16:11

Plan: Atkins, switching to SugarBusters
Stats: 154/140/130
BF:25%
Progress: 58%
Default New to SugarBusters...help me out please!

Hey everyone! I have been doing Atkins for a little over four months. I lost 21 pounds on it totally, but in the past couple of weeks have been cheating and have gained 4 back. It is really depressing, but I know I can get it back off so no big worries here! I think the main reason I keep cheating is because I miss having cereal for breakfast, I don't like eating all that fat (it just doesn't make me feel good), I need some bread even if it is whole wheat, I need fruit, and I just feel terrible on Atkins. I can't loose anymore. I'm 140 now and was 133, and that is the lowest I can get. I would love to get to 125 but I would just be tickled pink with 130 for a while. So I am taking the brave step and I'm switching to SugarBusters! So help me out...I don't have the book nor am I familiar with the diet really. What book should I get? I am going to go look for one tonight as well as go grocery shopping. My big question is since I have been on Atkins for four months when I make this switch and I'm no longer counting carbs and I'm getting way over 20 a day will I see a gain initially or not? I have read that some gain a few in the first couple of days, but it's just water and it comes off soon. I don't want to gain the rest of my weight back, I will just die if I do! So any previous Atkins people out there can you tell me your experience on the switch. I need a sample menu. I'm going to post what I think is ok for tomorrow so tell me if it isnt...Oh yeah, is Smart Start Cereal w. skim milk ok?? I love that cereal..

Breakfast- a bowl of some type of allowed cereal (need suggestions of something actually good) with skim milk
Snack about 3 hours later- apple
Lunch- ok I don't know if this is ok so tell me...A sandwhich made with 100% whole wheat bread, turkey slices, lettuce, and low fat mayo(does it need to be low fat) and some wheat thins
Snack about 3 hours later- apple or some other type of fruit (suggestions please)
Dinner- 1 peice of grilled chicken, 1 cup of boiled cabbage, 1 cup of green beans

and tons of water!

Oh by the way, can I have diet cokes, like diet rite?? Is coffee okay? if it is can I use the davinci SF syrups, spenda, and half and half (does it need to be fat free)

What about alcohol? I have a party to attend Saturday night and plan on drinking. Is it ok if it is like rum or vodka mixed with a diet coke?

Sorry this was so long!
Sponsored Links