#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: Aitkins
Stats: 200/188/170
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Dieting and self esteem

At the age of 45, this is the first real diet I've ever been on. There've been times when I felt I'd over-indulged a bit too much, and backed off on my eating for a few days, but this is the first time I've ever really gone on an organized diet, with a goal, food plan, etc.

Somehow, I imagined that being on a diet would make me feel even better and more confident, since I was doing something positive for myself.

But that's not how it's working out at all!! I never felt fat or unattractive before I started this diet, but in spite of the weight I've lost this month, every time I look in the mirror, I see a pachyderm looking back. All I ever see is what I haven't lost, and it seems to be taking so long to make any progress at all. I'm starting to feel nervous and desperate, like I want to put my whole life on hold until I reach my goal.

It's also affecting the way I see other people (or seems to be). When I would see people in personal situations, in public or on TV before, I never used to size them up and categorize them as "fat" or "slim." Now, it seems to be the first thing I notice about other people.

What is happening?? Have others experienced this?
Sponsored Links