Thread: please help
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 13:26

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

These items are OK, but not necessarily for Induction. Sugar alcohols do stall some people, so you may want to wait until post Induction. If they aren't causing you any problems with losing, then they're fine, but watch how much you consume & how it effects you. Some people find sugar alcohols also have a laxative effect. Many use sugar free jello topped with a little heavy whipping cream (can be sweetened with splenda). Counting carbs for me & most means net carbs. Sugar alcohols are subtracted along with fiber to get the net carbs. I used Atkins Advantage Bars on Induction (still do) without any problems. I really like the chocolate peanut butter, my favorite. The cookies & cream wasn't bad, nor was the chocolate decadence (but it's incredibley rich). After Induction I added an occasional Endulge Bar, low carb candy- the peanut butter cups, chocolate, & chocolate crisp are all very good, but I found the carmel nut chew a bit funky tasting. I find I need a chocolate fix every now & then, now I just make it a low-carb fix. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne