#20   ^
Old Wed, May-11-11, 19:11

Plan: Gary Taubes
Stats: 428/363/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskydiver
I am going to maintain that anyone who is facing serious medical conditions should be treated by a trained medical doctor. If you do not agree with your doctor's philosophies, then find another.

I suspect that doctors are getting very frustrated with people challenging their advice with things like: "Well, I know YOU said that, but FluffyBunny827 told me..."

I am sure they are frustrated with that. On the other hand, I think the vast majority of doctors are towing a very dangerous, bad line on carbohydrates and especially on fat. Yeah, I'm sure that sucks as a medical professional who has spent years in school getting to where they are. But when they flunk Adiposity 101, they lose a lot of respect in my book. And how are you supposed to know that your doctor is wrong unless you are an educated consumer of healthcare and a strong advocate for yourself?

A lot of people on this forum and elsewhere say things that I think are not substantiated by science. But enough here do have it right. I don't think that means you should cite forum posters in your medical decisions but I think you should do your homework in serious, well referenced books and articles (which plenty posters here could point you towards).