View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I lean the same way as Donald. If the thread is too long I generally don't go back because I cannot remember where I left off (early alzheimers) and I find it difficult to keep up with the flow.

But this is a huge forum and there are so many ways to do it. For me, I like to visit people's journals and once we get to know each other a bit, we visit back and forth that way. It is easy for me to keep track of and know whose journal I haven't visited since they posted in mine. This has helped me make some incredible friends and keeps the conversation going.

When I see someone new, and I enjoy how they express themselves or I can identify with them, I try to post a hello in their journal and read their journal. If they don't respond to me after that post I assume they don't want to get to know me. I guess I feel like there has to be mutual interest in sharing.

I visit the TDC about once a week and catch up on the news from fellow TDCers. I also enjoy reading "new posts" and I often visit the intros and newbie questions. I know how helpful it was when I was new here to have people answer my questions and be friendly. "Whatever works" is the motto of low-carbing (for me) and I think the same is true for how we use the forum.

Good to know you! Cindi